The Student Room Group

Your favourite home made snacks?

Hey Guys;

Well, I am currently snacking on some home made salted roast chick peas (basically a healthier version of peanuts) and wondered what your favourite home made snack (I don't include sandwiches in this thread...) is to eat and how you made it too. =P

Mine:

1. Soak chick peas in water overnight (skip this step if bought tinned)
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
3. Boil in water for 25 minutes
4.When finished boiling, remove and spread evenly on a tray before applying salt (be as generous or stingy as you like)
5. Place in oven for 25 minutes.

Remove and enjoy. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Toast

1. put bread in toaster
2. put butter on bread
Mine:

1. Order pizza online.
2. Wait 25 minutes.
3. Answer doorbell.
Original post by txo
Toast

1. put bread in toaster
2. put butter on bread

What happens to your toaster when you place the butter in it? =l
Reply 4
Lasange sheet nachos :smile:

Boil lasange sheets until soft. Dry. Cut into fancy shapes. Season. Bake for 5 minutes each side. YUM!!
I just stick some chicken in the microwave and have that with a greek yoghurt w/ honey. Good stuff :smile:
Original post by Tomocalypse
I just stick some chicken in the microwave and have that with a greek yoghurt w/ honey. Good stuff :smile:

you cook chicken in the microwave? wtf
Reply 7
French toast. I like to keep it simple lol.
Original post by cole-slaw
you cook chicken in the microwave? wtf

Not raw chicken, I should've said - I get the pre-cooked stuff from ASDA and just heat it up
Beef jerky.

Get some beef with as little fat as possible. Put it in the freezer for a couple of hours to make it easier to slice. Slice very thinly. Spread out on a cooling rack placed above a baking sheet and cover with spices. Put it in a preheated 165F oven for a few hours until dried out (use a wooden spoon to keep the oven door slightly ajar). It's really delicious! :drool:
(edited 9 years ago)
For me:
1. Get two whole-grain crackers (Wasa brand, normally)
2. Spread peanut butter on them
3. Eat.

I try not to cook when I don't have to :P

Quick Reply

Latest