The Student Room Group

OCR LAW G152 Sources of Law June 2014 revision thread

Posting this as I can't seem to find a thread existing and could really do with some help about it. I'm retaking as I got a B first time round but would really like to try and up my marks to an A.

Putting less emphasis on Acts of Parliament/EU Law as they came up last June, although a bit stressed as I wanted to miss out Judicial Precedent as I find it really difficult to remember.

How is is everybody doing with revision? I can't believe how late the exam is this year for an AS - I'm sitting it the day before my A2s start ._.

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
I'm missing out EU law, my teacher seems to think it will be precedent and statutory interpretation but I'm hoping for delegated legislation!
Hey, I did this paper last year January, but I am guessing that statutory interpretation could come up or precedent along with law reform
I really hope that delegated legilsation comes up because thats the one that I am most confident on
Secondly I reckoen statutory interpretation

I hate EU Law and Precedent
But I think that I am going to force myself to learn precedent

How is everyones revision going?
Original post by eachcomingnight
I really hope that delegated legilsation comes up because thats the one that I am most confident on
Secondly I reckoen statutory interpretation

I hate EU Law and Precedent
But I think that I am going to force myself to learn precedent

How is everyones revision going?

Revision could be going better! I'm gonna spend the rest of the day today revising from the beginning :frown:
Original post by Katiea1997
Revision could be going better! I'm gonna spend the rest of the day today revising from the beginning :frown:

I'm doing a retake because I didn't really revise for it last year and got a D
So far I have done Delegated Leg and half of Stat Int going to finish that up and learn Precedent
I have been exam questions as I have been going through the topics

I think that if you want to try and revise everything for this exam but make sure that you have all of the details is by going over the topic and writing notes like a bullet point for each mark so a 15 mark question with 15 bullet points and then writing the question out

Thats the method I've been using and it seems ok
Reply 7
man did anyone think the g151 exam was hard???
G151 was the best exam we could've asked for ! Seriously, ADR and lay mag come up and I was so happy haha, also Police powers which was easy.So yes It was easy !
I really hope stat int comes up, I think its the easiest part of g152. Hope you guys are right !
Reply 10
Im only starting my revision for this exam today :frown: Im only going to revise statutory interpretation and i'll try to fit in judicial precedent but does anyone think one of them wont come up? Because last year june it was delegated legislation and eu law i think so this year because of no jan exams it should be statutory and precedent with reforms for sure right?
Original post by Alex626
Im only starting my revision for this exam today :frown: Im only going to revise statutory interpretation and i'll try to fit in judicial precedent but does anyone think one of them wont come up? Because last year june it was delegated legislation and eu law i think so this year because of no jan exams it should be statutory and precedent with reforms for sure right?

I would say revise statutory intrepretation or Del Leg one of them will DEFO come up I think
Any Predictions? :smile:)
Original post by bushra.smohsin
Apart from using the three exceptions rule for The Court of appeal, are there other ways that The Court of Appeal can avoid JP? Does over-ruling, reversing and distinguishing apply to the court of appeal????

The CoA can distinguish if it considers a precedent is too dissimilar to apply to the current circumstances, yes. There's a criticism that this has been used to make arbitrary distinctions when it disagrees with a HoL/SC decision that it would otherwise be obliged to follow.
Does anyone think that the doctrine of precedent could come up tomorrow?:confused:
Reply 15
Original post by O Middleton
Does anyone think that the doctrine of precedent could come up tomorrow?:confused:

Most likely i'm revising EU Precedent and Law Reform in detail that is it.
is it likely that statutory interpretation will come up tomo?
I'm gonna revise bills to act, SI and precedent in detail, bills to act hasn't come up for ages according to ocr website
Reply 18
Original post by Katiea1997
I'm gonna revise bills to act, SI and precedent in detail, bills to act hasn't come up for ages according to ocr website

Bills to act came up last june, i remember writing that question so i think its unlikely to come up
Original post by Alex626
Bills to act came up last june, i remember writing that question so i think its unlikely to come up

Oh:/ it's different on the ocr website

Quick Reply

Latest