The Student Room Group

What can an Apprentiship as a Pharmacy Technician Lead to?

So I was browsing through a Job site the other day and I found an Apprentiship for a Student Pharmacy Technician, it looks amazing, just the sort of career I am looking for. I would do a Level 3 Diploma in Pharmacutical Sciences and Pharmacutical Service alongside the practical work, and be a qualified Pharmacy Technician in 2 years

I am 17 and currenlt doing AS levels in Chemistry, Physics and Maths - I love my studies and I am good at them but I struggle under exam pressure, and I am likely to be resiting them next year.

I am interested much more in the science/drug synthesis side of pharmacy than the service and dispensary of drugs - how much of these are in everyday duties?

Would a diploma be a 'step dow'/ easier than doing A levels - as I am worried that it wont be challenging enough for me as I am an A grade student.

Can I get into Uni with a diploma in Pharmacutical Sciences - if so what sort of courses, and could becoming a Pharmacy Technician lead to other careers, ie a pharmacist or a chemist?

Quick Reply

Latest