The Student Room Group

Is Royal Holloway a good place to study for a U.S. student?

Hi, I'm from the United States, New York area, and I'm hoping to study in the London area for the spring and summer semesters (terms?) in 2015, and so far, I like Royal Holloway the best. Since I can't visit it in person, I was hoping that any current, or recently graduated, students at Royal Holloway could provide their opinion the school. I have read other threads on Royal Holloway, and I've seen that negative reviews include that there aren't any clubs nearby, but in the U.S. clubs aren't that popular, especially since the drinking age is 21, not 18, so that isn't going to really affect me too much. I would however like to know if it has a decent nightlife, like bars, etc. Also, how is the housing? For the study abroad program, I can only stay in Founders, Gowar/Wedderburn, Reid, or Runnymede. Sorry for so many questions, but also, are there any school sponsored trips to places like Brighton, Manchester, etc., because I'm likely to not travel by myself (for safety reasons), and it would be great if the school has programs that encouraged traveling around the U.K. Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending