The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MatureStudent36
So, after 18 months of this debate, opinion polls still remain broadly the same.

When you read the papers, you do actually understand what the words mean ?

Hahahahaha. You tried to be funny!
Even though I gave you figures of a poll conducted in the past week and gave you a link to the raw results.

But, you are the only person that seriously believes the poll gap isn't narrowing.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by babybuntin
l'm afraid it's not from polls. everyone knows you never rely on poll figures

So if you reject polling as a measure of popular voting attitudes, what method are you using to come to your conclusions?
Reply 22
Original post by Good bloke
Perhaps you can explain the relevance of a poll of people born in Scotland. The referendum has a wider constituency, including people living in Scotland, no matter where they were born. I really don't see the relevance of the views of some arbitrary subgroup.

I agree.

Countering a claim made by MS. Hard to keep relevance involved!
Reply 23
Original post by L i b
It's racist to say that someone who isn't born in a country can't be considered one of the people of that country. That's fairly straightforward - that's what I said you were suggesting, and you didn't dispute it.

Hmmmm. Pretty sure I did. But you keep calling people racists if it makes you feel better!
Could the Yes voters here explain why they think Scotland puts in more than it receives?
Original post by Boab
I agree.

Countering a claim made by MS. Hard to keep relevance involved!

You've cherry picked data again.

If it keeps you happy, continue to have a blinkered approach on life. But the media is reporting what's really going on. A slight downturn in support for yes. A poll conducted on behalf of the SNP by panelbase that always seems to be biased.

http://m.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/panelbase-bans-new-members-from-independence-polls-1-3080830

And no dramatic change in polling for a few years.
Original post by L i b
So if you reject polling as a measure of popular voting attitudes, what method are you using to come to your conclusions?

polls are not always reliable.
Reply 27
polls are not always reliable.

I agree, but I ask again: what method are you using to come to your conclusions?
Original post by L i b
I agree, but I ask again: what method are you using to come to your conclusions?

people's attitudes are changing. l must say, l myself have been quite surprised at some of my absolutely NOT friends sudden swing to a YES.

wonder what is bringing about the sudden change.
people's attitudes are changing. l must say, l myself have been quite surprised at some of my absolutely NOT friends sudden swing to a YES.

And yet the opinion polls aren't showing any such significant change.

Anecdotal evidence does not reliable evidence make.

that's probably because you don't live here.
Boab,

if you ever come across this so called plea which Cameron apparently made to the people of Scotland given at the Olympic park could you send me the link.

l myself haven't seen this but I've heard about it but if it will make me greet don't send it lol
cos my mind is made up and l'm not changing it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 33

So, having rejected the value of polling, you're saying the method you're basing your views on voting projections is... your friends?

She doesn't believe in opinion polls.
(edited 9 years ago)

Must say, almost everyone I know and have discussed this with have been very strongly No.

Don't the recent round-up of opinion polls show No starting to pull away again?
Original post by L i b
So, having rejected the value of polling, you're saying the method you're basing your views on voting projections is... your friends?

as l said already, peoples attitudes are changing, friends, strangers, students in cinemas giving the middle finger to the screen when the lets stay together advert comes on..

LOTS of things l'm seeing changing but unlike you l say nothing cos it's not my business , you're sitting at a computer out of touch.
Original post by Smack
Must say, almost everyone I know and have discussed this with have been very strongly No.

Don't the recent round-up of opinion polls show No starting to pull away again?

well that's nice that's what a vote is all about personal choice.
oh l'm always wary of people who visit forums if they are make out to be..

How do you know l'm Scottish born and breed and still living here?? you don't
l could be here to wind you up.. How do you know if l'm really from Scotland?

You assumed that they don't live in Scotland because they don't know what the trend in opinion is. You claim to so one must assume you're based here.
Reply 38
Britain has more billionaires per capita than any other country on the planet. Its very clear we're richer together #BetterTogether
Original post by Midlander
You assumed that they don't live in Scotland because they don't know what the trend in opinion is. You claim to so one must assume you're based here.

Middy, my point is you still not 100% sure
don't miss me to much when we're torn apart by Politian's lol

Latest

Trending

Trending