The Student Room Group

Damn heightism is real

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Le Nombre
If anyone ever offers you to look in a pool, be wary.

Also, please stop trying to be part of the 6'2 master race when the tape clearly states you aren't.

Well I'd rather be 6'1.8 with my body type than a 6'2 beanstalk - as most tall people I see are. My mother was a model and so I do have very good bodily aesthetics!
Hmm, I bet most of these girls are under 5ft4
Tall girls would never say stuff like that
Yet if a guy says he wants a girl with a certain breast size the pitchforks will be out.

Yet this is just seen as a 'choice' and 'preference' by girls.

I'm not even that mad as I'm pretty tall at 6'2'' but this double standard encompasses everything wrong with dating for men, and then they have the nerve to tell men that they're privileged.

Also funny thing is that some men have tall fetish and short fetish yet never seen this for woman, it's always tall fetish.
Reply 23
Original post by alicja_p
Is that why guys take the piss out of short girls all the time? :tongue:

Looooooooool since when? All the guys I know hate tall girls, calling mlst of them lanky and all sorts. I'm 5ft4 and wish I was an inch or two shorter, all the shorter girls I know get so much attention.
Original post by Kumis
Looooooooool since when? All the guys I know hate tall girls, calling mlst of them lanky and all sorts. I'm 5ft4 and wish I was an inch or two shorter, all the shorter girls I know get so much attention.

At work I get taken the piss out of because me and another girl are short and all the guys (lifeguards ugh) are all 5'8" upwards. They like to put stuff in places we can't reach.
Reply 25
At work I get taken the piss out of because me and another girl are short and all the guys (lifeguards ugh) are all 5'8" upwards. They like to put stuff in places we can't reach.

Yeah that's normal, it's just having jokes and messing around... 95% of boys I know would rather have a girl 5'5 and under than over
Reply 26
Original post by Kumis
Yeah that's normal, it's just having jokes and messing around... 95% of boys I know would rather have a girl 5'5 and under than over

'boys'. Most 'men' would rather have a 5'10 leggy blonde barbie doll type
Original post by chelseafan
https://twitter.com/HeightismReport

Got me feeling insecure at 5'10. :frown:

Seriously...

Grow Up!
Reply 28
Wow, those girls are such bitches, I had no idea there could be so much resentment towards short guys
lets be honest, ofc tall girls are more likely to go for tall guys and shorter girls go for taller guys i think that's just natural; however as long as you've got a good personality and the girl enjoys your company i think it's really not an issue. You just need some game bro!
Original post by rickfloss
Seriously...

Grow Up!

i see what you did there...
Reply 31
5'10 is not even short, 5'9 is the UK male average, I'm 5'11 but I live in a house full of giants and they seem to fail to understand this.
Original post by chelseafan
https://twitter.com/HeightismReport

Got me feeling insecure at 5'10. :frown:

Don't worry about it. In my experience whilst being tall is a plus, the only height-related thing that's an immediate turn-off for a girl is if you're shorter than them. You're taller than most girls so it shouldn't be a problem.

Spare a thought for the 5ft manlets.

Besides, height isn't always great. I'm 6ft3 but I look more lanky than big, and I find it absurdly hard to bulk up.

That's just banter though. I don't think that means they'd say no to dating you on account of your height.

And 5'8'' is tiny for a guy.
:teehee:
Reply 34
reddit r/short should be useful if you want to hear some experiences
Reply 35
6'2 master race checking in, btw i saw that twitter heigtism thing ages ago, lol some of the comments were hilarious. but manlets need to grow up and get over their heights and make up for it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by slade p
6'2 master race checking in, btw i saw that twitter heigtism thing ages ago, lol some of the comments were hilarious. but manlets need to grow up about their heights and make up for it.

6'2 means nothing. If you're 5'11 and have the body of a Calvin Klein model then you'll pull more girls than the 6'2 beanstalk.

Being tall AND lanky looks absolutely terrible but being tall and built doesn't.

I'm 6'2 and I'm built which is why a lot of girls look at me. Why should I be modest about my appearance and feel as though I should not be happy with my height and body. My body is at least 7/10. Would be 10/10 if I worked out but I don't as I'm lazy.
Original post by Gondur
6'2 means nothing. If you're 5'11 and have the body of a Calvin Klein model then you'll pull more girls than the 6'2 beanstalk.

Being tall AND lanky looks absolutely terrible but being tall and built doesn't.

I'm 6'2 and I'm built which is why a lot of girls look at me. Why should I be modest about my appearance and feel as though I should not be happy with my height and body. My body is at least 7/10. Would be 10/10 if I worked out but I don't as I'm lazy.

You should mention your body more often, everybody is really interested in it.
Reply 38
Original post by Gondur

well i'm not proper built but lots of girls look at me too. i pull alot in clubs too.
Reply 39
Original post by Kumis

tall guys don't mind short girls and some may prefer them but many like me also want to be able to kiss girls while standing up, also taller girls have sexy long legs.

Quick Reply

Latest