The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 2 A - Crown & Authority

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JM97
if there is a provenance of interest then it has to be evaluated why the source was produced and then what effect will that have on the way they have portrayed the event but i think for the 40 marker on wolsey they were all textbook extracts so nothing much to say

Original post by ItsJustMe17
No provenance is more about how reliable it is whereas evaluation is weighing up the importance of the factor and saying whether it was the most or least important.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by charharrison
As far as I know there aren't marks for provenance analysis at all on part b...

Oh ok that's a relief! I had a pretty clear for/against argument which I guess is evaluation so maybe I did ok after all :smile:
Original post by susie12345678
what did people put for their against point in part a?? I found it so hard

The genuine concern for religion one? I said the ulterior motive of ensuring that the reform was being followed in that the visits gave them an excuse to pursue the reforms. Lol you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah and I talked about Royal Supremacy but no idea if that is right
Reply 63
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Yeah that is but in line with the sources that was the other reason that i thought was presented :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i couldn't really see anything to do with money or value in the sources so i said the antithesis was increasing the kings power and establishing him among the clergy as supreme head because you dont gain credit for own knowledge in the 20 marker
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kmohazeb
Didn't you include the treaty of bruges?
What did u include?
Did u compare & contrast the sources?!

treaty of bruges was 100 years war though~???? i didnt compare and contrast enoughhh but i did a bit
Guys for the part b I did foreign policy. I structured my answer so that each paragraph looked at the successes and failures of a foreign policy event mentioned in the sources. I found that the sources not that useful and barely refernece to them at all, only to name the event. Will this greatly impact my mark? Tbh my part b sounded more like a Unit 1 essay :/
How much did you guys write for each question? Is 3 pages for part b enough?
Original post by JM97
i know the sources never mentioned it but wasnt the actual reason for the visitations to the monastries to see how much they were worth and how much they could get from them

yepp it was hahaha the visi-something ecclesiasticas or something hahah i was thinking the same! didnt mention it in the exam though
Original post by asdfghjkl123456
How much did you guys write for each question? Is 3 pages for part b enough?

i did a bit over 3 sides for a and like 7 for b....
why are you guys so smart???? for part A i wrote something similar to all of you but you guys make it sound sooo much better i said it was to make sure people didnt appose to the royal supremacy but like i phrased it bad and mine was so long probably cos i always rant on
Reply 70
It went soo gooooooooooooooooood yessss
the foreign policy the topic i love came up
Reply 71
Hopefully i've got my A part phew
for Part A i went into the religious reasons, but then said the Against was the real motivation was Political gain, and the abuses and religious concerns was largely a cover up
then Part B, i went into lots of treaties, saying it was a success in some ways, but then there was no real gains made; £960,000 was spent.. the campaigns where there were substantial victories, weren't headed by henry (Eventhough the Battle of the Spurs was; it was a small skirmish, and the gains that were made, were eventually given back such as Tournai to France)
But yeah it went well i think, but i did say there was success especially against Scotland as the regent was now Margaret, meaning there would be no uprisals, and there would be no need to be a worry about the Auld Alliiance between france/scotland, but i argued the anglo french treaty in 1514, was largely pointless as the year after Louis wasn't the ruler anymore, Francis was, so all those negotiations and relationships needed to be built again :s

Also there is marks for provenance on Part B.. but ONLY for the primary source
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 72
Hopefully the boundaries are low and goodluck guys ah
Ill be dissapointed if i dont get an A after doing well all year but tbh EVERYONE i have spoken to despised part A :s and a lot got confused on Part B so they should be low..
Plus people arent that confident on how they did on Unit 1
Original post by lalalalisha
i did a bit over 3 sides for a and like 7 for b....

Oh God 7 pages? I did 3 pages for part a but spent too long on it so only had time for 3 on part b :/
Reply 74
did anyone else find the A question ridiculously difficult for Henry VIII?
Original post by Han24
did anyone else find the A question ridiculously difficult for Henry VIII?

Yeh, I spent around 5 minutes trying to figure out what the question was even trying to get at, it was by far the WORST exam question I've ever had, I lost hope with trying to do it first so i just went on to do the 40 marker ( which was actually okay) and then came back to attempt to answer it in the last half an hour.
Original post by lilovethebio
Yeh, I spent around 5 minutes trying to figure out what the question was even trying to get at, it was by far the WORST exam question I've ever had, I lost hope with trying to do it first so i just went on to do the 40 marker ( which was actually okay) and then came back to attempt to answer it in the last half an hour.

Exactly mine and my other classmates' situation!
Original post by asdfghjkl123456
Oh God 7 pages? I did 3 pages for part a but spent too long on it so only had time for 3 on part b :/

Awww that's annoying! I only ever have done one other pastpaper for this exam and I didn't time it so i was scared cos I go on a lot so take ages but I spent like 35 mins on a and 45 on b so finished in the last second, if you made your points then you will be fine it just depends on the arguments not lengths :smile:
Original post by JM97
i couldn't really see anything to do with money or value in the sources so i said the antithesis was increasing the kings power and establishing him among the clergy as supreme head because you dont gain credit for own knowledge in the 20 marker

Yeah that's exactly what i said :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did like the 40 marker first which took forever ! I only had like 25 mins for part a :frown: I ended up doing the agreeing disagreeing and cross refrencing and about 2 lines conclusion omg i didnt even talk about the prominence of the dates and stuff ! How much marks will i loose ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending