The Student Room Group

Have any of you changed courses in your first year at uni?

Have you or anyone you know switched courses? Was it easy to do? Do you think you made the right decision?
I'm just a little anxious about my course choice at the moment but I'm not sure whether I would do anything about it once I'm at uni
I didn't, but I know people who did.

It's fairly normal to feel nervous about uni at this time of year, almost everyone finds that they are fine once they get there.

If you find that you don't like your course, then it's often possible to swap courses within the same uni with relative ease, if there is space and if you've got the grades. If it's a minor change it'll be simple, but if you're wanting a big change you'll need to restart your degree. If you want to go to another uni, it's doable, but you'll need to go through UCAS again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I've just finished the 1st year of one course but in september I'm starting another one :smile: didn't really like my initial choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I haven't but my brother did. Apparently its easier to do if stay in the same university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
that's good to hear! i might have to change course when i go to uni : p

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did. I just wasn't enjoying my course and it was pretty easy to change - I just had to fill in a transfer form and write a new personal statement. Good luck! :smile:
It's not uncommon, in my case I dossed around for a year on a course I hated and moved to a different one the following year starting again. It was definitely the best thing I did and you get an extra year of fun :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending