The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annabelle89
Thats really good. well done and good luck i hope you do well on your course. Hopefully i will pass those assessments on wednesday and get on to mine.. im ****ting myself lol :eek:

Thank you I'm so excited. I hope it all goes well for you too x
Reply 41
I passed my International Bacalaureat and my BEPC equivalent to GCSE 24 years ago.Fom 1998 to 2001 I passed my HNDCA (BTEC level 3) at Kingston College london with a Merit overall.After taking part in the UK Government scheme in 2005 in HSC I decided to work in the Health Sector.I have been working in Health and Social Care sector since 2006 in the U.K as a Adults Care Manager this after passing my (Leadership Managnmt in Care
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 42
Does it matter anymore?
5 to 10 years of experience...
Someone with years of experience in a particular work sector.
Can he be asked to have a GCSE IN MATHES AND ENGLISH in order to become a teacher?
what About the individual background ?
A three and a half year necropost, how did you even find a post this old?

I'd suggest making a new thread with any questions you have. :smile:.
Where did you do your access course?
Original post by Rednekk
I think it's for the best. I don't want to sound insensitive but you'll have a very difficult time at university without these basic qualifications. Universities are complaining that their students from access courses often drop out because their access course didn't adequately prepare them. It's unfair to future access students because now universities are increasing their entry requirements and making their conditions almost impossible for even the most intelligent access students to meet.

I'm on an access course right now and I see many of my classmates getting high grades in 5000 word essays without having one sentence that's grammatically correct.

So while I'm earning my distinctions, others are being gifted with them, so of course they'd struggle at university. No doubt this has been happening in the past, hence the university complaints.

Where did you do your access course?

Latest

Trending

Trending