The Student Room Group

Deputy Secretary General Election - June 2014 - Vote!

Scroll to see replies

kers123
x
Will you be answering our most recent questions - particularly to address our concerns about you plagiarising comments.
Reply 21
Original post by Birchington
Will you be answering our most recent questions - particularly to address our concerns about you plagiarising comments.

Sorry about it :sorry:
I was more concerned about my ALevel exams which end on 6th of June which is why when I opened this thread. I wasn't properly answering as I needed to give the answer I copied it from the other site. I couldn't concentrate on this as my full focus was on ALevel exam.

I have answered all your questions below and given it in my own opinion. Hope it helps.
Reply 22
1) One from me, if you are elected, which of your current positions would you give up? (if any)

I would give give up the United States Security Council position.

2)Would you continue to build relationships between the MUN and MHoC as Rory has done over the past few months?

Also, what will you bring to the role that you feel previous DSG's have not?

Yes, I would as being the MUN Deputy Editor and USA Security Council representative as I would still build relationships between the MUN and MHoC as Rory has done over the past few months.

I would ensure the smooth running of assisting the MUN, verify all acts adopted jointly by the Council, get involved and answer for Security Council news and give my opinions together with the other representatives, ensuring conversation threads are effectively organized and maintain communication and correspondence in a truthful and according way. I would give my opinions which support the country in factual.

3)What do you think is the biggest issue facing the MUN right now?

How would you propose to attract new members?

The violence taking place currently in Libya and the other country citizens living in Libya under risks facing the problem. The usage of weapons and guns and others harmful guns are big problems as people use it for advantage for their own purposes. People should be warned strictly that the usage of guns and other weapons are for certain purposes and not to use it for their own purposes. And other abuses like murder, kidnap, raping and etc are rising which are the biggest issues facing the MUN right now.Creating threads in the debate forums asking members opinions of using weapons and about the abuses and telling them the correct use of the weapons will ensure that at least the next generations will not use the weapon or get in abusing matters or ideas in future.Asking their opinions and ideas about the correct usage of weapons and abuse and getting their views will attract more members into the MUN.I would attract new members by posting up vivid and controversial debates which attracts the student attention. I would post in the current news and get ideas by quoting the members of Security Council and other country representatives.

Original post by Birchington
This is a joke. Why is Libya relevant to attracting new members to the forum?
I'm sorry, but I feel as if I cannot vote for your as a candidate, as I don't have full faith in you to be of benefit to this role. You haven't been the US representative for very long at all, I would know being the US representative prior to you, and I haven't seen a MUNthly since you became Deputy, I think you need to prove yourself in these roles before moving up to an administration position.
Reply 25
Original post by Cheese_Monster
I'm sorry, but I feel as if I cannot vote for your as a candidate, as I don't have full faith in you to be of benefit to this role. You haven't been the US representative for very long at all, I would know being the US representative prior to you, and I haven't seen a MUNthly since you became Deputy, I think you need to prove yourself in these roles before moving up to an administration position.

The MUNthly thing is down to me, due to exams etc the issue from Feb/March hasn't been published yet. Kers is the new deputy editor but hasn't had much of a chance to do that yet.

My fault - apologies.
A question from me, as representative of Madagascar. Often the representatives of the African states have little to do / say / add, as many issues / discussions / hypes etc focus on bigger states. What would you do to facilitate increased participation and discussion and a bigger role for reps of the African states?
Reply 27
Original post by Cheese_Monster

I had been recently selected as a US representative and I had been going with the role and had been involved in it. See here- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2678529
and http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2686713&p=47931413#post47931413

I have been doing my role accordingly and will do constantly once my exam finishes on 6th.
I will keep updating activities on the forum as for my role.
I had been doing both my roles efficiently.
You would know how much I got involved in the MUNthly once it's published.
As a USA representative I did create threads for discussion and did get involved as given in the links above.
Reply 28
Original post by Superunknown17
This is a joke. Why is Libya relevant to attracting new members to the forum?

I don't think it is a joke. You have not understood what I tried to mean in my previous post.That is clearly understood.
Libya was given as for an example to explain my point.
I meant I would post threads for the abuses and usage of weapons used wrongly and ask members their own opinions on the rights and wrongs of using them and also for the abuses taking place around the world.As in the voting poll at http://edition.cnn.com/ . I would ask their opinions and views which will attract them into the subject and keep posting on the thread. And then on I would create a vivid and eye catching thread quoting all the members who posted and ask them to join the Model House of Commons and MUN group by linking it to them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by junior.doctor
A question from me, as representative of Madagascar. Often the representatives of the African states have little to do / say / add, as many issues / discussions / hypes etc focus on bigger states. What would you do to facilitate increased participation and discussion and a bigger role for reps of the African states?

As a USA and Sri Lankan Representative, dual rep holder, I would invite the African states to join with me in the discussions threads and would join with the African state by posting threads about African states.I would make discussions which include also about the African state. For this, I would create debates with polls about the bigger states with the African state, where the African state will be spoken for separately and specially for helping the state improve and facilitate increased participation and discussion and a bigger role for reps of the African states. Would create a separate group which will attract the African members in it and so the African Society will also give their ideas and opinions for the discussion. I would create threads with latest updates on the African state and help the state to further develop by supporting the state by asking other representatives and mun team by quoting them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by RoryS
The MUNthly thing is down to me, due to exams etc the issue from Feb/March hasn't been published yet. Kers is the new deputy editor but hasn't had much of a chance to do that yet.

My fault - apologies.

Thanks for telling the information.
No problem, Rory
Reply 31
The voting has finished...

I can reveal that kers123 is our new Deputy Secretary General

It was very close with one vote clenching kers123's victory!

Many however are unhappy with kers' ideas going forward for the MUN, lets give him a chance. If you're deeply unhappy you are well within your rights under Section 7 of the Charter/Guidance Document to begin a Vote of No Confidence in him.

kers123
QFA
Congratulations kers123. Madagascar looks forward to seeing your ideas for increased Africa involvement, put into action.
Reply 33
Original post by junior.doctor
Congratulations kers123. Madagascar looks forward to seeing your ideas for increased Africa involvement, put into action.

Thanks
I have begun for it here- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2704601
Get involved.

Quick Reply

Latest