The Student Room Group

AS History Option D resit

Is anyone doing the Britain and Ireland module resit on Thursday 22nd May? I can't be the only one?
Reply 1
I'm doing it but it's not a resit, I'm in year 12. But i'm guessing we would be doing the same paper!
Reply 2
Oh great!! yeah i got a D last year and an A in my Unit 1, what are you doing for your Unit 1? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by CurlyKopite
Oh great!! yeah i got a D last year and an A in my Unit 1, what are you doing for your Unit 1? :smile:

is the exam that hard??! For unit 1 i'm doing Russia in revolution and Stalin's Russia, what are you doing? :smile:
Reply 4
I'm in year 13 so i'm doing unit 3 and 4 this year, plus Unit 2 resit from last year!!!!
Reply 5
Ohh wow!! Do you have any tips for the exam? like essay structure and techniques, I am so bad when it comes to that!
Reply 6
Does anybody know what the questions / topics were in the June 2013 paper - I can't seem to find them anywhere :confused: ??
Reply 7
Introduction-bold statement grabbing the examiners attention,not too flashy though it's not journalism

e.g "religion was gone in Russia,but Stalin was their new god".

3 sets of developed paragraphs to prove your points for your thesis, any more than 3 points may seem that your going off on a tangent, but multiple sub points are good to break up big points.

mini conclusion at the end of each paragraph to bring it back to the question and keep on topic

conclusion should consider all your points and then rank them in order.

when teachers say "don't tell a story" they are talking about mere descriptions, that is a GCSE skill that illustrates you actually know what the heck went on, and don't think that Hitler was Henry VIII's big brother.

you only need to write about 2-3 pages, get your arguments ready and you should fly through the exam, you want to be spending 45 mins on each question.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by smartygal
Does anybody know what the questions / topics were in the June 2013 paper - I can't seem to find them anywhere :confused: ??

Have you tried the edexcel exam board website?
Reply 9
Original post by amyof
Have you tried the edexcel exam board website?

I did that paper last year, the (B) question was about Gladstone, and to what extent he was an genuine Irish reformer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest