The Student Room Group

Do you still use Facebook?

Poll

Do you still use Facebook?

I'm asking this because I've finally ditched Facebook. Sick and tired of it. It only creates problems and it's just depressing. It makes me wonder if the whole Facebook thing is slowly losing popularity.

It made sense when Facebook was young and I just started using it, but It just got crap when everyone started to use it. Even my aunties, uncles and my mum are on it. Family and social networks are just added drama. That is the sign to ditch it.

It's handy for events, news (when you ignore the comments box) and keeping in touch with friends you care about, but other than that i can't stand it anymore. It's just a huge popularity contest.

I hear that more people than ever are using apps like Whatsapp and Snapchat (which still feels like an app for the 'yoot') and I can see why they're getting popular, but nothing attracts me to them.

How many of you are using Facebook still?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I still have it to keep in contact with friends, but making statuses and posting photos? Hell no.
Reply 2
I deleted my facebook last year. But thinking about whether I should get it soon, as I will be going to university in september - and I think it might be quite useful for that.
Yeahh, daisy me trolling they hatin' :smug:
I have Twitter, YouTube and a blog, as well as some fun on Instagram.

No way does anyone need Facebook. It's for little kids and old women nowadays.
Yes but just to keep in contact with old friends who I don't have on whatsapp and to keep myself updated on news. But I don't go on it that often to be honest.
Reply 6
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I have Twitter, YouTube and a blog, as well as some fun on Instagram.

No way does anyone need Facebook. It's for little kids and old women nowadays.

I use Twitter. It's pretty useful when you avoid the 'celebrity' garbage that it's mostly featured on the news for.

I also use Yelp, which is very useful for if you want to find a good restaurant or bar in an area you don't know. It gets flack for being a bit hipster (which it can be), but it is very useful.

Tumblr is good for gifs, artwork and looking at tasteful photos of beautiful ladies :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Not since a year ago :lol:
Reply 8
I use Facebook for posting photos of major events that have loads of photos such as graduation day, class gatherings, etc. Don't really use it for anything much - my friends and I usually gravitate towards Twitter for updating statuses and Instagram for single pictures (usually of food and meetups with friends :redface: ). I do have Tumblr but that's for checking out gifs and artwork.
Not unless Tinder counts.
I'm a loner therefor don't need Facebook or any other thing like that.
I left facebook like 2 years ago and i only visited my facebook like once or twice a month if luckly. I was never into the facebook hype.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's really useful for having a conversation with multiple people - if my friends want to organise something we will write it in one thread instead of one person trying to orangise everything which happens if you rely on texting. I do love hearing the gossip about everyone from school though - I left school seven years ago so I wouldn't know what most of them were doing if it wasn't for Facebook.
I use FB and Twitter to communicate with my wider network, on my phone I have Whatsapp to text-chat to friends who live abroad and Viber to voice chat them. No Snapchat or Instagram.
Yes, but it's mostly because I work on my computer so just leave it on all the time.
Yes because I sometimes still use it to keep in contact with friends, although it's primary use now is to contact other people on my course regarding group coursework, question help etc.
I use Facebook incessantly.
Reply 17
Haven't used it for years. I have my friends' phone numbers and Whatsapp anyway so I can always keep in contact with them there.
Yes. I'm on FB just as much as I'm on here.

Quick Reply

Latest