The Student Room Group

Revealed - world's most pompous lawyer

I couldn't get a direct link so I copied the page instead :smile: From www.rollonfriday.com

"Thanks to a Canadian reader, RollOnFriday can reveal that the most pompous lawyer in the world is Stephen Wexler, associate professor at the University of British Columbia.

Prof. Wexler says that he "does not do email". The reasons for this are explained on the university's website, or bounced back to you if you dare to contact him electronically:

This is a bounce back from:

Stephen Wexler
Associate Professor of Law
University of British Columbia

I do not do email.

Write to me at:
UBC Faculty of Law
1882 East Mall
Vancouver B.C.

Come see me at:
Room 240, law school
I do not do e-mail because what I do as an intellectual requires me to read things very carefully and think about them very hard. My mind is like a samurai's sword. If I read e-mail, I will dull my blade. I am very selective about what I read and would much rather talk to people than read. I like for people to come and read things to me. Then I can talk to them about what they have read. "Chatting" on line is not what I mean by talking.

You will not get another copy of this message.

Heh! Mind like a samurai's sword, ego the size of John Prescott's stomach.

Stephen Wexler. Considerably cleverer than you"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mind like a samurai's sword: cumbersome; onerous; out-moded; ostentatious; primarily for ornamental or decorative effect?
wow...he even looks like a jerk.
Reply 3
Jeez...what a douchebag
Note his use of the peoples eye brow a la the rock.
Can you smell what the Wexman is cooking? ^o)
Reply 6
Onearmedbandit
Can you smell what the Wexman is cooking? ^o)

I prefer The Wex myself.
So how come he doesn't mind you sending a letter to him instead?
Technophobe?
Onearmedbandit
Technophobe?

Thats what I thought to begin with but then he states in the bounce back email that he likes it when the writer comes and reads what they have written to him so he can talk to them straight.
Onearmedbandit
Technophobe?

Luddite, perhaps?
Reply 11
I'm going to send him a Christmas Card :smile:
Are you going to send me a Christmas card? :smile:
Reply 13
I'm going to send you a Christmas present.. :smile:
I empathise with him.
Much of the email that lands in my inbox reads like demented messages composed by subliterate, demented chimpanzees while high on illicit substances.

Ban email !
And text messages.

Bring back pigeon mail !
What a legend. This guy's my new hero.
Reply 16
I think he has a point, he just makes it in a poor way. The amount of rubbish I get in my inbox which then requires sorting does add up over the week. Further, you can very easily misread / misunderstand what is asked for in an email or cause others to misunderstand what you mean. Talking face to face is often a far more productive way to go about things imho.
Reply 17
he even looks pompous.
Shame he did not have a samurai's sword when someone blatantly took a swing at his right eye? Loving the orange shirt though! I could think of a couple of nominations myself.

Yer ChrisWhit, that is true. I bet as a GTA u get loads of crap from students.
I'm just glad he isn't my lecturer.

Latest

Trending

Trending