The Student Room Group

AQA politics unit 1 exam 20/5/2014

Scroll to see replies

Brilliant paper, topic 1 and 2 were golden.
Reply 21
I think the timing 1 hour and a half is ridiculous for this exam. There's so much to say and you're just constantly rushing. I don't think I did too well on the 5 marks, ok on the 10 marks but I completed the 25 marks first and made sure I included everything I possibly could. Dropping this next year as my structure is so crap, it's a shame because I actually enjoy the subject.
Reply 22
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
I think the timing 1 hour and a half is ridiculous for this exam. There's so much to say and you're just constantly rushing. I don't think I did too well on the 5 marks, ok on the 10 marks but I completed the 25 marks first and made sure I included everything I possibly could. Dropping this next year as my structure is so crap, it's a shame because I actually enjoy the subject.

Do politics then if you enjoy it. It's not all about the exam results and exam technique will easily be learnt after another year of study. USA has very interesting politics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Tremmel
Do politics then if you enjoy it. It's not all about the exam results and exam technique will easily be learnt after another year of study. USA has very interesting politics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've got a point! I can also bring my grade up as my last exam is Politics unit 2 in 10 days so I'm focusing fully on that one :smile:
Reply 24
You've got a point! I can also bring my grade up as my last exam is Politics unit 2 in 10 days so I'm focusing fully on that one :smile:

Yeah I'm going full out for that one too, Politics is something am I potentially want to study at uni. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Tremmel
Yeah I'm going full out for that one too, Politics is something am I potentially want to study at uni. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too! I'm considering Law :smile:
Reply 26
Is there a thread for AQA Politics Unit 2?
Reply 27
Original post by meygagagan
The 25 mark questions were amazingly simple thank goodness :smile:

For the retaining FPTP question, I just wrote an argument for/against FPTP (unrepresentative/simple and transparent/over-exaggeration of smaller parties etc ... the normal) and then used the source in my conclusion by saying that:

"As the 2011 Referendum showed, the British public overwhelmingly voted against electoral reform. Electoral reform is only topic for discussion amongst the "chattering classes and political anoraks", and so there is strong support for the case of retaining FPTP ..."

Do you guys think I'll be marked down for using the source instead of my own knowledge??

If you are talking about the 10 mark question I am pretty sure you are suppose to use the text to support your answer.. however for the 25 mark question, I know that you are suppose to use your own knowledge. I don't see why they should mark you down, but then again if it was for the 10 mark question they definitely won't mark you down because it was always says use the text given.
Reply 28
Original post by umieee
Is there a thread for AQA Politics Unit 2?

I am so nervous for that exam.. I wonder what will come up? I don't know whether to just study constituion and parlaiment or all of them :frown:
Reply 29
Original post by malakaya
I am so nervous for that exam.. I wonder what will come up? I don't know whether to just study constituion and parlaiment or all of them :frown:

Wouldn't it be wise to revise all of them? As you have to pick 2 topics...
Reply 30
Original post by malakaya

Learn both :smile:
Reply 31
Wouldn't it be wise to revise all of them? As you have to pick 2 topics...

Which two topics are you doing?
Reply 32
Original post by umieee
Which two topics are you doing?

The first two, constitution and parliament. Wbu :smile:
Reply 33
The first two, constitution and parliament. Wbu :smile:

Sameee:smile: theyre good topics
Reply 34
Original post by umieee
Sameee:smile: theyre good topics

Yeah, I don't even know what the other 2 are lol! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 35
Yeah, I don't even know what the other 2 are lol! Good luck! :smile:

Theres only three I think, but cant remember what the third one is! Thaaanks! Goodluck to you too!:smile:
For the electoral system i'm starting to panic a bit about my answers, i structured it like this...

Advantages of FPTP
Disadvantage of FPTP
How Majoritarian systems would benefit the UK - AV
How PR systems would benefit the UK - STV
How Hybrid systems would benefit the UK - AMS

Have i gone off the topic too much do you think?
Reply 37
Original post by umieee
Learn both :smile:

meeeeeeeeeeh! I finished constituion and now I am doing parliament. The exam is in 3 days oh god.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending