The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1 Maths 19th May

Discuss answers below!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I found it really hard! I agree discuss please !!
Reply 2
Not allowed to do this until 12 am GMT
We're not allowed to discuss answers but it was a hard paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Difficult paper, wonder how the grade boundaries will change, if they do at all anyways.
Reply 5
Difficult paper, hoping for like 60/75 for an A.
Reply 6
paper was alright, found it a bit easy at the start, hoping to get above 65
If it makes you all feel better, C12 was bull****, nearly everyone in the hall agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
When can we discuss answers?
The rectangle question was awful, I just gave up in the end
I found the entire paper very fair. In past threads I've discussed how my Economics paper was ridiculous and nothing like past papers but likewise I think Edexcel have done a really good paper that fairly will distribute a range of fair results. In all honesty, without going into depth I think a few questions were a little uncertain.. but hopefully the mark scheme will be lenient.

Nonetheless, the paper was a fair paper I feel. A lot of people came out the exam room crying - saying it was hard, but it was the same students who have done little revision and said 'it was nothing like the past papers' when really, it was the same regurgitated type of questions in the past papers + 1/2 extra questions (worth about 10 marks overall) that will help separate the A and B grade students and so forth.

I think, dependent on how harsh the mark scheme will be - i'll be looking at 65-70 hopefully - based on talking to others in my class etc. But, in terms of grade boundaries, I'm unsure what an A will be. Based on what I heard in my college - it was a mix of 'it was terrible' and 'it was pretty easy'. So I'm gonna just guess at about 63/64 for an A. But that's just a bias guess based on my college.. It's likely the grade boundaries may be lower than that because my college is pretty good for maths, department and student wise.

Any other thoughts? What was the overall view of the paper from teachers/students?
Reply 11
how many marks was question 9,10 and 11. Someone help please!
Dunno why the boards are suddenly making this years exams much harder than the past papers
Reply 13
question 9, 10, and 11 were worth 30 marks in total...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
I feel i done quite well but i know i dropped 10 marks on question 10 i think as i did integration and not differentiation. Hoping for an A.
Reply 15
Original post by dan08
I feel i done quite well but i know i dropped 10 marks on question 10 i think as i did integration and not differentiation. Hoping for an A.

for the graph was it x squared or (X-2)^2 AND WERE THERE ANY SOLUTIONS?
Just a reminder because I hate that these threads keep getting closed: DON'T DISCUSS SPECIFIC ANSWERS.

Overall found it OK to be honest. Neither the easiest nor the hardest C1 paper ever.
i think the question on arithmetic sequences was tricky.... the years...got confused a bit. luckily spotted a mistake at the very end of the paper
I've dropped so many silly marks.. I'm actually so annoyed

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought the whole paper was pretty easy. Nothing too tricky apart from the arithmetic question C where you had to find n. I didn't know you had to write the actual year down so i'v lost a mark :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest