The Student Room Group

Do you eat your dinner at the table or on your bed or couch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Law-Hopeful
That sounds fair enough I guess. But in that case why not at least eat it at your desk (where you'd probably be doing your revision anyway)? :tongue:

I actually don't ever do revision on my desk xD
It's awful. My room is so small, people keep coming
in and the door constantly wacks the chair while I'm doing work.
My desk is just storage space. It's literally covered with folders
and paper piled high. There's no point :tongue:

I do revision on my bed because my mum normally sits in the dining
room and watches TV there, so I can't revise without any distractions.
Doing revision on my bed is uncomfortable but at least I get less distracted D:
Bed or on the floor in front of the tv....yeah i'm classy like that

EDIT: and sometimes actually in the dining area :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
When lived with one parent we generally sat at the table to eat, when stayed with the other on the sofa, then when went to uni I would always eat in my room, now got own place I sit on the sofa and eat even though have got a dining table but am trying to get in the habit of eating at the dining table
Reply 83
I live with my family and eat my dinner on the couch in front of the TV.
Reply 84
Some interesting replies on this thread :tongue:
Couch/bed - but I always watch anime/movies/documentaries during dinner!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Live with my family of three (mum and dad). We ALWAYS eat dinner (or any other meal) at the table.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But they're my germs!

Plus, you could easily eat at a table (which makes a lot more sense to me...), I can't sleep in a different place to my germs. :lol:

Do you ever clean your mastress?

The average person produces a litre of sweat during the night.
I always eat on the table :smile:
usually on the couch or in my bed
Reply 90
To those that still live with their parents atm, do you think you'll still eat at a table when you get your own place? I know people who have moved out and got used to eating at a table so stuck to that when they moved out and then those who hated being forced to eat at the table when they lived with family so eat on the couch or bed now they have their own place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It eat my dinner at the table because I am not a peasant.
Original post by Yasmin25
To those that still live with their parents atm, do you think you'll still eat at a table when you get your own place? I know people who have moved out and got used to eating at a table so stuck to that when they moved out and then those who hated being forced to eat at the table when they lived with family so eat on the couch or bed now they have their own place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will definitely eat at the table.
We usually eat at the table with my family. Eating at the table is one of the best thing that you can do as a family. You can talk and discuss some things during lunch or dinner and it is a great bonding for your family. Sometimes we used to eat at the bed for some special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mommabeauty
We usually eat on the table with my family. Eating on the table is one of the best thing that you can do as a family. You can talk and discuss some things during lunch or dinner and it is a great bonding for your family. Sometimes we used to eat at the bed for some special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.

On the table? You actually sit on the table?
Original post by manchesterunited15
On the table? You actually sit on the table?

You know what they meant so why ask? Provoking troll?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
I'm surprised how many people on this thread are grossed out by eating while in bed:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Always at the table, it's called a dining room for a reason!

How on Earth do people eat anything other than perhaps popcorn on their coach/bed?! :lolwut:

so you eat, say chocolate at the dining table?:confused:

Depends, if it's just me and my mother then my room or living room, but if full family than always dining table.
Original post by Yasmin25

Posted from TSR Mobile

when I'm in uni, i'll probably eat in my room or on the sofa, unless the people I live with all want to eat at the table with each other, for social reasons.

If after that and I'm with my current partner, or new partner and we get a place, then I'll want to eat at the table, unless we have a takeaway
Original post by Joshale
so you eat, say chocolate at the dining table?:confused:

Depends, if it's just me and my mother then my room or living room, but if full family than always dining table.

The thread title says 'dinner'. I don't know about you, but I don't tend to eat chocolate for dinner.

Quick Reply

Latest