The Student Room Group

The vital role of Edna in An Inspector Calls.

Scroll to see replies

Edna is an faget lel.
Reply 21
Wait. I did this **** for 1 whole year. Who the **** is Edna????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Wow... I was just lay there in bed and then it hit me. Prepare for this.

Edna has the letter 'd' in it, social 'c'lasses is a main theme in then play. D comes after C, the c is part of the main theme and hence makes the play what it is. D comes after, therefore Edna time travelled from the future in order to become a maid of the Birling household.

A quote that directly links to this is when Edna says: "famalams I'm off to da future fk dis social classes." I'm sure we can all remember that key quote.
Reply 23
Original post by Parallex

Edna has the letter 'd' in it, social 'c'lasses is a main theme in then play. D comes after C, the c is part of the main theme and hence makes the play what it is. D comes after, therefore Edna time travelled from the future in order to become a maid of the Birling household.

A quote that directly links to this is when Edna says: "famalams I'm off to da future fk dis social classes." I'm sure we can all remember that key quote.

Do you mind if I extract some of your thoughts for influence to my literature exam today? I want an A* :colondollar:

*laying

Poor grammar bro. I expected better from someone who displays such perceptive analysis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
This is why the TSR community should listen to our expertise.
Obviously, Edna can be turned into Eva by removing the 'd', flipping the n upside down and squeezing it a little at the bottom. This is how we KNEW for a 100% FACT that the exam was going to be about Eva Smith. :smile:
Obviously, Edna can be turned into Eva by removing the 'd', flipping the n upside down and squeezing it a little at the bottom. This is how we KNEW for a 100% FACT that the exam was going to be about Eva Smith. :smile:

51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg
Reply 27
Original post by mickel_w
51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg51516848af9fb.jpg

no pls
Reply 28

I hope you included my valuable points about Edna being Eva Smith then :smile:
ok first Eric is the alcoholic and second, the fact that cleAring has an A in it just like evA Smith has no link what so ever IT IS MORONIC TO SUGGEST THAT. I'm 15, I've only just finished the book, I haven't studied it that closely and I know that is a serious misconception
This is the best thread on TSR
this is the best things I've read all day
But, is it Edna's fault? She's the underclass too and is only doing what she's been told to do by her boss (Mr Birling)!
Original post by nverjvlev
this is the best things I've read all day

But, is it Edna's fault? She's the underclass too and is only doing what she's been told to do by her boss (Mr Birling)!
Edna secretly listened to all the events in the play. She heard all about eva smith's suicide and was so disgusted at the Birling family that she comitted suicide exactly the same way! That's what the end of the play was about, they'd found her dead body.
Wow. My teacher is going to be so impressed with all this work I did on the character of Edna
Reply 36
Edna killed Eva Smith confirmed?
Edna spelled backwards is Ande.. Quite similar to "and"... Which may imply that there is more to her than we first think.
Her name also has origins linking to fire which links o the quote about Eva burning her insides. Meaning. They're the
same person. BOOM
(edited 6 years ago)
This is so funny
We did an AIC court case in class for revision and me and my friend were Edna lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending