The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

First Year Accountancy and Finance

Is anybody doing accountancy and finance starting in September this year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am! Have a conditional so just waiting on results so fingers crossed :smile: are you conditional or unconditional?
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Original post by Katieeex
I am! Have a conditional so just waiting on results so fingers crossed :smile: are you conditional or unconditional?

PRAISE THE LORD🙌 all my friends have found people on there courses but me! That's the same with me, I have a conditional so I just need to wait until august
Reply 3
I know one person doing the course but shes commuting. Are you planning on staying on campus? :smile:
Reply 4
I know one person doing the course but shes commuting. Are you planning on staying on campus? :smile:

Aww I see! Yeah I ask, just need to wait to apply which is horrendous
I am :smile: met my condition so just waiting on confirmation! Good luck in August ☺️
Reply 6
Well done :smile: I have too I am staying in Fraser, where are you planning on staying?
Well done :smile: I have too I am staying in Fraser, where are you planning on staying?

Oh that's brilliant !! Were you doing a HNC/HND in 2013/14? I actually stay 10 minutes drive from the uni so I'm planning on just staying at home :smile: when do you think we will hear from the uni about starting?
Hi! I'm looking into accommodation and wanted to know what ones you think is best? I'm wanting an en-suite thing (I know I'm stupid but I like my space :P)

Which ones are you guys going for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by hollymastersonn
Oh that's brilliant !! Were you doing a HNC/HND in 2013/14? I actually stay 10 minutes drive from the uni so I'm planning on just staying at home :smile: when do you think we will hear from the uni about starting?

Thats lucky I kind of wish I could stay at home but only 45 mins away by car so should get home often enough :smile: Yeah I was doing an Hnc, you?
I think we will hear at the end of this month because module registration begins at the beginning of August or so iv heard :smile:

Original post by Abbie :)
Hi! I'm looking into accommodation and wanted to know what ones you think is best? I'm wanting an en-suite thing (I know I'm stupid but I like my space :P)

Which ones are you guys going for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately I have heard that all of the new accommodation as well as ASH which is en-suite is completely full. Personally I was going to apply to ASH but then last minute changed my mind so I got offered Fraser which is flats.
If all en-suite is full I would suggest one of the flats as you only share a bathroom and kitchen with a small amount of people. My flat only has four others so not so bad tbh :smile:
Yeah I just heard about the full en suites - I guess a lot of people had the same idea :frown: which flats do you recommend I put in for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I personally would put Fraser, Muirhead, Donnelly, Polwarth (They are fairly similar) since you get four choices. However there is also alexander court which is slightly further away from the main accommodation, it has a few blocks but its not all first years.
I'll look into those ones :smile: don't suppose anyone by chance knows which accommodation is closer to lecture halls lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
When I done my application I requested that I be put in a five person flat and also be on an access level floor and both requests were made so they are quite accommodating :smile:
What are the other person-per-flat numbers? 5 seems quite good :smile: I guess access level means ground floor?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats lucky I kind of wish I could stay at home but only 45 mins away by car so should get home often enough :smile: Yeah I was doing an Hnc, you?
I think we will hear at the end of this month because module registration begins at the beginning of August or so iv heard :smile:

Unfortunately I have heard that all of the new accommodation as well as ASH which is en-suite is completely full. Personally I was going to apply to ASH but then last minute changed my mind so I got offered Fraser which is flats.
If all en-suite is full I would suggest one of the flats as you only share a bathroom and kitchen with a small amount of people. My flat only has four others so not so bad tbh :smile:

45 mins by car isn't bad at all! You get the best of both worlds that way :smile: aw I see, yeah I did a HNC in Accountancy and it's just Accountancy that I'm going to study but I'm sure all Accountancy/A&F/other joint subject students overlap somewhere along the line :smile: it would be nice to meet the faces behind the posts lol!
Reply 16
I'm actually the same just doing accountancy however for the first year or two accounting and finance is identical, well that's what they said at the open day :smile:
Is it possible to take accounting as electives? I was thinking about becoming an accountant but applied to a different course before I considered it -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abbie :)
Is it possible to take accounting as electives? I was thinking about becoming an accountant but applied to a different course before I considered it -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea. Is adjustment something to look into? I think people use that when they exceed their conditions and if they want to choose a different course. Best people to speak to would be the uni admissions. Drop them an email and they will let you know. Also it might be possible to switch courses within the 1st few months due to drop outs etc, again just ask!

Also you don't need a degree in Accountancy to become an Accountant. It just makes it easier when it comes to sitting your professional exams with ICAS/ACCA/CIMA/whoever else because you can get exemptions for the first 5 or so.. hope that helps!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hollymastersonn
No idea. Is adjustment something to look into? I think people use that when they exceed their conditions and if they want to choose a different course. Best people to speak to would be the uni admissions. Drop them an email and they will let you know. Also it might be possible to switch courses within the 1st few months due to drop outs etc, again just ask!

Also you don't need a degree in Accountancy to become an Accountant. It just makes it easier when it comes to sitting your professional exams with ICAS/ACCA/CIMA/whoever else ������ because you can get exemptions for the first 5 or so.. hope that helps!

I applied to my course as I'm genuinely interested in it, so I'm hoping I can study that and get a taste fur accounting to lol

I'll probably end up doing a joint course or switching a couple of months in haha

Quick Reply

Latest