The Student Room Group

Pleven, Bulgaria - Feb 2015 offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Dj-in-da-house
I'm from Northern Ireland. so have you started looking at accommodation then?

HA I knew it was you :P lool.. I guessed with the DJ initials :biggrin:
Reply 41
I haven't looked into it either but I'm going to ask the outreach agency about it soon and I'll let you know then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi Dj,
Outreach charged me £550 for translation fee ???? as they named it. I met this guy Ben from Outreach in July I paid him and waited for the letter of acceptance from the university. Never got the letter of acceptance that he promised me and basically lost a whole year because of him. Be careful with them I hope the same thing doesn't happen to you too.
Original post by nitinWHU
hi Dj,
Outreach charged me £550 for translation fee ???? as they named it. I met this guy Ben from Outreach in July I paid him and waited for the letter of acceptance from the university. Never got the letter of acceptance that he promised me and basically lost a whole year because of him. Be careful with them I hope the same thing doesn't happen to you too.

hey :smile: yeah I had to pay around £300 I think for legalizing all the documents but I got my acceptance letter afterwards tho. So far I haven't heard any bad things about outreach and i think your case was just unfortunate :/ when did you apply?
Reply 43
hey :smile: yeah I had to pay around £300 I think for legalizing all the documents but I got my acceptance letter afterwards tho. So far I haven't heard any bad things about outreach and i think your case was just unfortunate :/ when did you apply?

Hey Dj
I am glad it worked out for you. :smile: I applied in September 2014, but they charged me £ 550, I guess they have different rates? I don't know. The thing is that I never got the acceptance letter or my money back :s-smilie:. I hope everything turns out for the best for you.
Reply 44
Oh I know this uni like the back of my hand . Basically, this uni accept people without even biology or chemistry A level and they are after just money . There a very few facilities and so many applicants hence think that after finishing you have to work and compete in very competitive environment like EU members state or UK which in the last one I doubt if anyone from this uni can find job .
Secondly, there is a great disruption and anoyance caused by people wha have come there just to have fun or escape family and you will realise so quick .
Thirdly, students are allowed to attend the new accademic year with 4 failed exams , which I founded this sort of situation absolutely disgusting therefore make you feel being regret for coming and making wrong choice .
Finally, you had better to check even in Romania is better than here . Even better is Poland, checosllavakia , Malta the last one is golden choice .
As for racism is not big deal . Is being a bit overrated that bulgaria is racist . Lecturers are good but not mutch facility . Accommodation are very expensive and very often you get conned by bulgarian state agent .
Finally, as Pleven is small city there is just one hospital and little oprtunity to get involved practically . Bear in your mind getting graduated and having whatsoever little practical skills and returning to England with the lack of basic skills it might coused you a lot sometime your carer .
If you do not have any option than go for bulgaria but not Pleven
Reply 45
I haven't looked into it either but I'm going to ask the outreach agency about it soon and I'll let you know then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi ,the hostel is far and cry out for help. I was thinking like you when I decited to study there . The hostel conditions are very bad with little to offer.
Please do not share as you will end up alone and feel miserable , distracted from heavy schedule studying . Do not make mistake to share unless is someone who you know for the last four year. Some people are coming there to distract the others and beg the lecturers for 3 to pass . Good luck .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending