The Student Room Group

Arsey's C1 S14 Edexcel Model Answers Thread inc R and IAL papers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yes i got 75 xd
hey Arsey
thank you very much
i just had question for q- 9b
the answer is 52/3 and i got 676/39 which is the same but not simplified as i thought it cannot be simplified anymore but the question doesn't require thee answer to be in its simplest form so is it alright?? will i get the whole 6 marks??
thank you
Reply 62
Original post by I'mStuckAgain
Hi

6b) I stated the area correctly but did not say p=5 and q=-1, will I lose marks?

nah
Reply 63
Rofl, question 4 you had to extend the curve so it would intersect. Haha.

Great job Arsey. My working was similar to yours throughout.

Secured 75/75.

Edit: Question 7, will you be penalised for writing dy/dx instead of d/dx?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arsey
it will almost certainly be a 7 or 8 mark grade split.

64-65 for an A, then subtract 7 (or 8) each time for each threshold

8C) Put a conclusive statement "Given scenario occurred in the 10th year" and n=10 but didn't write 2009, will I gain full marks?
Original post by Arsey
nah

I wrote (x^-2)/4 for 2b- would i get 2/3 marks?
Thanks Arsey.

On the graph sketch question, I didn't notice the "2" they'd labelled. I marked my own point for (2,0). My shape/intersection/ and roots were all correct though.
Reckon I'll still lose marks?

Apart from that, I found the paper pretty standard. Don't think I messed up anywhere else.
Reply 67
Original post by dragozox
hey Arsey
thank you very much
i just had question for q- 9b
the answer is 52/3 and i got 676/39 which is the same but not simplified as i thought it cannot be simplified anymore but the question doesn't require thee answer to be in its simplest form so is it alright?? will i get the whole 6 marks??
thank you

I would have thought so but quite how you ended up with that
Reply 68
How many marks would I lose for using 6 instead of 4 for the triangle question- I think I got a final answer of 26 obviously wrong...
Reply 69
Original post by The Wilberforce
I wrote (x^-2)/4 for 2b- would i get 2/3 marks?

3/3
Reply 70
If you get an answer wrong ,but carry them on with the method can you still get marks ?
Hi there Arsey

Hi there ARSEY

how many marks would i get for just differentiating f(x) on the very last question

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi arsey
Basically for 11b i did everything right but at this bit
4x+8=4 i stupidly did 4x=12 so x = 3 instead of 4x=-4 so x =-1
I did everything right but i used by x value as 3 throughout
How many method marks would i get
Arsey thanks so much
I have 2 questions..
On 9b) how many marks would i get for working out the coordinates of c?
Ans on the last question would i get any marks for working out dy/dx?
I appreciate your time and effort thank you
Can anyone tell me for surds part 2 , I didn't use a formula as such I entered data into the grid and filled in the missing values almost like trial and improvement but its a more complicated way of working each term and what must minus to cancel etc :biggrin:

How many would I get out of 4 , atm I'm on 67 marks counting that as 2 , as in maybe M1 and A1 missing M1M1
:frown: If i get the 2 there I'd probably be on 90 UMS
Original post by Arsey
3/3

Thanks!! You are so helpful!!
Reply 76
Would 74/75 be 99?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
hey Arsey, thank you so much for this :smile:)

Quick question, for question 10b) I used the m as 2; would I still pick up method marks for substituting into the differentiation to get 2?
Reply 78
Original post by Arsey
3/3

Arsey thanks so much for this! I posted a question in the first page & 4th page but you probably missed it

For 3a sir would you lose marks for leaving your answer as 10/4 instead of 5/2 do you think?
Original post by Arsey
nah

10b) Coefficient for x^3 after integrating f'(x) I got was 3/24, I didn't simplify to 1/8, will I lose marks?

Thanks for all the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending