The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics Unit 1 - 20th May 2014

Hi Guys,

Just finished the exam, (Edexcel; Physics on the go).

How did everyone find it?

I personally found it the hardest paper I've ever done of this unit...

Grade boundary expectations?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also found it the hardest paper! I wrote a tonne of rubbish for hall for it :'( I reckon grade boundaries will be low 50s for an A?
Reply 2
You are right I was also think about this....
It was unlike any previous past paper i had tried so im guessing low grade boundaries, yeah.
Reply 4
Same. alll the past papers i did i was dropping single digits in marks. understanding all the questions and then this exam comes along with the most vague and ambigous questions. For some reason i felt like simple question i would usually understand i did not. Did anyone work out how to do the one with the rowing boat crossing the river at a speed of 1.5ms-1
when the river was going at 1.1ms-1.
Reply 5
What about the last question?
We cant discuss it yet. Some people havent done the exam !!!!
They can read this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Misc1
Same. alll the past papers i did i was dropping single digits in marks. understanding all the questions and then this exam comes along with the most vague and ambigous questions. For some reason i felt like simple question i would usually understand i did not. Did anyone work out how to do the one with the rowing boat crossing the river at a speed of 1.5ms-1
when the river was going at 1.1ms-1.

For the first bit i just resolved the vector with sine and cosine and for the second one i drew it out and measured it with a protractor and a ruler.
Reply 8
what was the last question about?
Reply 9
I think it might have been about resultant forces. Do you know the answer to the one about the cyclist?
I think that paper was harder than any past paper I've looked at.
Reply 10
the resultant force one was easy you just have to draw it...
for the cyclist do you mean the one with turbulent and laminar flow
Reply 11
Original post by callum.30
For the first bit i just resolved the vector with sine and cosine and for the second one i drew it out and measured it with a protractor and a ruler.

Did you get a right angled triangle? I didn't :s
Reply 12
Original post by Misc1
the resultant force one was easy you just have to draw it...
for the cyclist do you mean the one with turbulent and laminar flow

Yes, it asked about relevant speed though?
Reply 13
just do a normal vector diagram but with velocity
Reply 14
Original post by Nina95
Yes, it asked about relevant speed though?

It was relevant speed to the river bank - they were just trying to trick you
What part of people haven't finished this exam yet don't you guys understand? Shouldn't this be closed?
Reply 16
i still for some reason coulndt
Reply 17
Just realised I should probably not talk about this yet, I have friends doing the exam this afternoon!
Reply 18
no they wont have. international students have a different paper and others will be kept in contolled conditions. stop being stupid
hey PM me if you want to discuss the IAL paper :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending