The Student Room Group

Online study about alcohol consumption - £7 in Amazon vouchers at completion of study

Hi Guys,

Please help me out for my dissertation study. Happy to do surveys in return. All the information and the link is below.

Thanks,
Hannah

https://uclpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_25dfFYcmfsHrtf7

In this study we want to track alcohol consumption of each participant over the course of a month. This requires participants to fill in an online questionnaire on three separate occasions. In return for completing the study we will give you a gift of £7 in Amazon vouchers. Equally, you will be contributing to improving our understanding about patterns of alcohol consumption, which we hope will eventually lead to methods for reducing alcohol-related harms.

If you are a university student and frequent drinker and regularly drink more than the government recommended maximum amount of alcohol per day (i.e. you regularly drink more than 4 units/day if you are a man, or more than 3 units/day if you are a woman), you may be able to help us with our research into drinking patterns. The study involves viewing visual material and completing some questions about your drinking habits and attitudes to health. You will then be asked to complete some more questions after about a week and after about a month.

How do I take part?
The study is conducted entirely online. You will be given the opportunity to see if you are eligible to take part by answering a small number of questions. If you are eligible you can complete the rest of the questionnaire which takes about 20-25 mins to complete. After that you will be contacted to complete two more sets of brief online questions one week, and one month after the first. Each of these sets of follow-up questions should take less than 10 mins to complete. After completing the one month questions, you will be emailed an Amazon voucher worth £7.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's a really fun survey!
Posting to say I'll do it seeing as you've had no replies.
Reply 3
Original post by Wilfred Little
Posting to say I'll do it seeing as you've had no replies.

Ah thank you :smile:
I feel like I haven't got such a good deal now.

"Thank you for your help so far. We will email you two more times to complete BRIEF sets of follow-up questions.

We will email you in 7 days time with a link to the follow-up questions. Please respond to that email and complete the questions as soon as possible after receiving the email, but within 72 hours (3 days). After that we will email you again 28 days from today. Again, please complete the questions within 72 hours.

Once you have completed both of these brief follow up sets of questions we will email you with a code for your £7 in Amazon vouchers."

*sigh* :frown: I should have read the first post properly.
Reply 5
Original post by uonnah
Hi Guys,

Please help me out for my dissertation study. Happy to do surveys in return. All the information and the link is below.

Thanks,
Hannah

https://uclpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_25dfFYcmfsHrtf7

In this study we want to track alcohol consumption of each participant over the course of a month. This requires participants to fill in an online questionnaire on three separate occasions. In return for completing the study we will give you a gift of £7 in Amazon vouchers. Equally, you will be contributing to improving our understanding about patterns of alcohol consumption, which we hope will eventually lead to methods for reducing alcohol-related harms.

If you are a university student and frequent drinker and regularly drink more than the government recommended maximum amount of alcohol per day (i.e. you regularly drink more than 4 units/day if you are a man, or more than 3 units/day if you are a woman), you may be able to help us with our research into drinking patterns. The study involves viewing visual material and completing some questions about your drinking habits and attitudes to health. You will then be asked to complete some more questions after about a week and after about a month.

How do I take part?
The study is conducted entirely online. You will be given the opportunity to see if you are eligible to take part by answering a small number of questions. If you are eligible you can complete the rest of the questionnaire which takes about 20-25 mins to complete. After that you will be contacted to complete two more sets of brief online questions one week, and one month after the first. Each of these sets of follow-up questions should take less than 10 mins to complete. After completing the one month questions, you will be emailed an Amazon voucher worth £7.

Hello Hannah,

I've completed yours. We're in a similar field (alcohol harm reduction research) so I found it an interesting very well constructed questionnaire!

If possible could you (if aged 18-25) complete my survey in return? It takes approximately 15 minutes (20 max) to complete. It is a one-off survey.

https://roehamptonpsych.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5h9CrqzKE4Qpc8d

I'll keep an eye out for my follow-up questionnaires in 7 and 28 days!

Thanks, good luck with your research.
Reply 6
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
I feel like I haven't got such a good deal now.

"Thank you for your help so far. We will email you two more times to complete BRIEF sets of follow-up questions.

We will email you in 7 days time with a link to the follow-up questions. Please respond to that email and complete the questions as soon as possible after receiving the email, but within 72 hours (3 days). After that we will email you again 28 days from today. Again, please complete the questions within 72 hours.

Once you have completed both of these brief follow up sets of questions we will email you with a code for your £7 in Amazon vouchers."

*sigh* :frown: I should have read the first post properly.

It did say in the first post and you also ticked a box to say you knew this in the survey! But the follow-up questions are brief, honestly.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by critchln
Hello Hannah,

I've completed yours. We're in a similar field (alcohol harm reduction research) so I found it an interesting very well constructed questionnaire!

If possible could you (if aged 18-25) complete my survey in return? It takes approximately 15 minutes (20 max) to complete. It is a one-off survey.

https://roehamptonpsych.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5h9CrqzKE4Qpc8d

I'll keep an eye out for my follow-up questionnaires in 7 and 28 days!

Thanks, good luck with your research.

Thank you for completing it and keeping an eye out for the future questionnaires :-)

I have done yours too, which was also interesting and well-constructed, excellent topic area ;-)
tried to do it but not eligible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by donutaud15
tried to do it but not eligible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, thanks for trying!
Original post by uonnah
Sorry, thanks for trying!

No prob. Good luck anyway!
Reply 11
:-)