The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
If someone could create a whatsapp group that'd be great, i am absolutely agitated by the chatting facilities here >.>
Reply 61
Original post by airheadbuster
I calculated the gradient of the linear region too. But, the velocity was around 4.87 m/s I guess. Is it correct? :O

Yea i also got same answer. 4.87 m/s
Reply 62
naah man You're ****ting me =O
I calculated the gradient of the linear region too. But, the velocity was around 4.87 m/s I guess. Is it correct? :O

got 4.57
Guys, did you notice that time was 10(index 3) on the x-axis?

the height was too.
Reply 65
For the Young modulus question from the graph, do you calculate it only from the linear region or from the last point of the graph ?
Original post by saifulahmed
the height was too.

Yes. The question that followed that, I could not answer it. 500 m/s in 50 seconds if I remember it correctly. :/
Reply 67
Hey guys wait a few hours and discuss it later, there's no point in giving out answers and allowing others to score higher and driving up the grade boundary...
Reply 68
Original post by abdane
For the Young modulus question from the graph, do you calculate it only from the linear region or from the last point of the graph ?

Not sure but I used the linear region and got something like 182GPa
Mine is like 172 G
Reply 70
The multiple choice questions, the question about the energy if the constant K on a certain wire was 2X or something, what is the E? i selected 2E...
And what about the ball that is thrown vertically upwards? i selected the one with both acc and vel up...
Reply 71
Guys for ffs you're only making it harder for yourselves... The grade boundary will go up if others are already aware of the questions :/ stop discussing it
Hmm good point enough disscusion and do private chat instead plaese
Reply 73
i guess all people worldwide must have finished their paper by now coz it was an am paper..
Reply 74
Original post by ybadri
i guess all people worldwide must have finished their paper by now coz it was an am paper..

Yea i think so too... can someone answer my two questions i asked above for the multiple choice ? :P
Reply 75
Original post by abdane
The multiple choice questions, the question about the energy if the constant K on a certain wire was 2X or something, what is the E? i selected 2E...
And what about the ball that is thrown vertically upwards? i selected the one with both acc and vel up...

i wrote E/4 coz the formula for E is (1/2ke^2) n e=f/2k hence we get E/4
for the other one i wrote velocity up and acceleration down
Dang it... YM I got as 175 but I forgot to put the G!
And what on earth do u write for the sandstone one? The fact that it has folds and some bull****? I wrote that its malleable... Some others wrote tough but I don't see how its tough because tough things don't deform plastically to "fold"... And it transfers the seismic waves. If it was tough then it would absorb all that energy and there would be no wave! :s For the walkway I put velocity is zero cuz of Newtons first law. For that stupid staircase I put workdone from the previous part into the second part and divided by the time (25s I think) to get power. For the steel bridge I out compression downwards at the top surface and tension upwards at the top surface (tho I think the tension is wrong... Supposed to be along the length of the curved bar... Initially I did this but then cut it out :c )
PM me about the skateboard question and the walkway
Reply 79
Original post by procrastinatorf5
And what on earth do u write for the sandstone one? The fact that it has folds and some bull****? I wrote that its malleable... Some others wrote tough but I don't see how its tough because tough things don't deform plastically to "fold"... And it transfers the seismic waves. If it was tough then it would absorb all that energy and there would be no wave! :s For the walkway I put velocity is zero cuz of Newtons first law. For that stupid staircase I put workdone from the previous part into the second part and divided by the time (25s I think) to get power. For the steel bridge I out compression downwards at the top surface and tension upwards at the top surface (tho I think the tension is wrong... Supposed to be along the length of the curved bar... Initially I did this but then cut it out :c )

I too wrote it's malleable :P

Latest

Trending

Trending