The Student Room Group

c4 not 'challenging enough'

I'm doing edexel maths atm, and I don't find the past papers (the ones i have done) challenging enough. Does anybody know where I can get harder ones?
Original post by ooPa
I'm doing edexel maths atm, and I don't find the past papers (the ones i have done) challenging enough. Does anybody know where I can get harder ones?

Solomon Press publishes practice papers which are more challenging. Edexcel's International A Level Maths is also more difficult.
Original post by Chlorophile
Solomon Press publishes practice papers which are more challenging. Edexcel's International A Level Maths is also more difficult.

Why are the international papers more challenging - I thought it was the same spec?
Original post by Alex-Torres
Why are the international papers more challenging - I thought it was the same spec?

From my experience, they're more difficult. I don't know why.
Original post by Chlorophile
From my experience, they're more difficult. I don't know why.

They are not intended to be and their grade boundaries are generally in keeping with the UK papers.

For the OP:
Get the Oxford book and the longman book and do the extension questions.
Reply 5
Original post by m4ths/maths247

For the OP:
Get the Oxford book and the longman book and do the extension questions.

I thought that the extention questions in the longman book aren't relevant to the exam.
Original post by ooPa

Try some Advanced Extension Award questions?
Original post by ooPa
I thought that the extention questions in the longman book aren't relevant to the exam.

Much of it is and those parts not tested are still a good opportunity to build understanding.
IMO too much teaching is done to fit exam style questions rather than building understanding.
Solomon/Gold papers/AEA/STEP/BMO/Self teach FM content

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Mr M
Try some Advanced Extension Award questions?

Thank you! I have not seen any paper as challenging as the AEA ones before :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest