The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sure the general consensus of this thread is correct.

I'm a person who would certainly claim to dislike people. The main reason is that they're total let downs. I'd love a group of friends that I enjoyed the company of, and could spend time doing all sorts of various fulfilling things. This just doesn't happen. People are just.. crap. They're boring, self-interested, shallow, thoughtless, ignorant, inane, and so on. Not all of them, of course, but the overwhelming majority. I don't avoid people, and I try not to judge before getting to know them, but after so many experiences you begin to expect these sorts of things. It's wonderful when there're people you can relate to, but also kind of tragic when they're very rare.

Perhaps this is how most of said 'misanthropes' feel?
Reply 81
Original post by TheSweatyNerd
Your name is Tyrion Lannister and you hate people, irony? I think not. Do you wish you could " KILL YOU ALL MYSELF"?

I don't understand why this is ironic. Can you explain it to somebody who hasn't boarded the GoTs bandwagon?
Original post by tenkaday
Of course, it's possible that you just like the attention and need a legitimate reason to have it that isn't that you like the attention :lol:

What? I was agreeing with you but if you want to insult me go ahead, couldn't care less mate

Your name is Tyrion Lannister and you hate people, irony? I think not. Do you wish you could " KILL YOU ALL MYSELF"?

I wouldn't go that far :lol:
Original post by SirDigbyChicken
Renewable energy should be a primary focus.

But surely following the altruism doesn't exist thing, renewable energy is not us being caring to the environment really, all it is is us inventing ways to continue our lifestyles and allow for more population growth, we realise our resources are running out, so we're just engineering new ones. The fact they may not damage the planet isn't exactly the main concern, just a positive side effect.
Original post by FireGarden
I'm not sure the general consensus of this thread is correct.

I'm a person who would certainly claim to dislike people. The main reason is that they're total let downs. I'd love a group of friends that I enjoyed the company of, and could spend time doing all sorts of various fulfilling things. This just doesn't happen. People are just.. crap. They're boring, self-interested, shallow, thoughtless, ignorant, inane, and so on. Not all of them, of course, but the overwhelming majority. I don't avoid people, and I try not to judge before getting to know them, but after so many experiences you begin to expect these sorts of things. It's wonderful when there're people you can relate to, but also kind of tragic when they're very rare.

Perhaps this is how most of said 'misanthropes' feel?

This. I like people, I'm friendly but people are such *****. I'm lucky to have a close circle of like minded people but it makes me sad that the majority of people are vapid dull horrible creatures :frown:
Reply 85
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
What? I was agreeing with you but if you want to insult me go ahead, couldn't care less mate

Chill out. I was pulling your leg - it's why I added the little :lol: emoticon!
Chill out. I was pulling your leg - it's why I added the little :lol: emoticon!

I'm tired and have been watching Japanese cartoons so I might be slow to pick up on things :lol:
I don't understand why this is ironic. Can you explain it to somebody who hasn't boarded the GoTs bandwagon?

Basically a character called Tyrion has an epic episode where he is framed for something he didn't do and he has this brilliant rage shouting "I hate you all, I wish I could kill you all myself" :biggrin: Epic episode.
Reply 88
I'm tired and have been watching Japanese cartoons so I might be slow to pick up on things :lol:

Besides, why is wanting attention an insult? Not many want to go unnoticed!
Besides, why is wanting attention an insult? Not many want to go unnoticed!

Seemed you were claiming my interests were fake which I do take as an insult as they are an integral part of my identity
Reply 90
Basically a character called Tyrion has an epic episode where he is framed for something he didn't do and he has this brilliant rage shouting "I hate you all, I wish I could kill you all myself" :biggrin: Epic episode.

Oh, I see. Would it be fair to add him to the House/Sherlock group of people with disabilities who value their mind over everything else and while they use indifference as a defense mechanism actually care deeply for people close to them?
This. I like people, I'm friendly but people are such *****. I'm lucky to have a close circle of like minded people but it makes me sad that the majority of people are vapid dull horrible creatures :frown:

It's good to see some agreement! This thread demonstrates some aspects, doesn't it? There are genuine feelings people have, and the response to them is to the effect of "you're just trying to be cool and edgy".
I'm an extroverted misanthrope, I do everything you've said (not a big TV fan though) but I'm loud about it :awesome: tbh I think normal people are boring generic knobs so the feelings mutual love

****ing hipsters ¬¬
Oh, I see. Would it be fair to add him to the House/Sherlock group of people with disabilities who value their mind over everything else and while they use indifference as a defense mechanism actually care deeply for people close to them?

Way too many long words in that sentence for a B grade English GCSE student.
Original post by joey11223
But surely following the altruism doesn't exist thing, renewable energy is not us being caring to the environment really, all it is is us inventing ways to continue our lifestyles and allow for more population growth, we realise our resources are running out, so we're just engineering new ones. The fact they may not damage the planet isn't exactly the main concern, just a positive side effect.

Renewable energy is us being caring for the environment, it's just that are desire to do so is self motivated.
And if I had it my way, there would be a cap on our population, so that any human exploitation of the environment was limited and sustainable.
Reply 95
Way too many long words in that sentence for a B grade English GCSE student.

Lmao. Actually got an A* in GCSE English.

Nonetheless, wittier than I was expecting.
Original post by FireGarden
It's good to see some agreement! This thread demonstrates some aspects, doesn't it? There are genuine feelings people have, and the response to them is to the effect of "you're just trying to be cool and edgy".

Oh god that annoys me so much. HURR DURR LOOK AT THESE INDIE KIDZ. Yeah thanks for stereotyping us, because you just HAVE to label everyone, cause that's how your little drone mind works. You put people into boxes like you were taught and don't think for yourself or judge people as an individual because that would require a basic level of personality and intelligence and you sorely lack both.

God I get annoyed about this :lol:

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
****ing hipsters ¬¬

Me?
I know of plenty of people who are genuinely misanthropic. They're not the kind of people you ever get to know because of this; hence "know of".

By some happy coincidence all of them are in bands playing similar kinds of music.
I don't think anyone who's seen any of the few interviews with the guy behind Xasthur can deny he hates people. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has SPD.

DSBM is an interesting showcase of mental instability and extreme thought/emotion. I can't think of any other genres that have the ability to emotionally connect to the listener so strongly and in particular, so negatively.
Oh god that annoys me so much. HURR DURR LOOK AT THESE INDIE KIDZ. Yeah thanks for stereotyping us, because you just HAVE to label everyone, cause that's how your little drone mind works. You put people into boxes like you were taught and don't think for yourself or judge people as an individual because that would require a basic level of personality and intelligence and you sorely lack both.

God I get annoyed about this :lol:

Me?

"I hate normal people cos they are boring" - Tyrion the hipster Lannister

Hint: I am puling your leg, yanking your chain etc
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
"I hate normal people cos they are boring" - Tyrion the hipster Lannister

Why is it hipster to dislike something that happens to be popular? Why do you have to label us?

Latest