The Student Room Group

So confused 😐

Hello
i am doing my gcse and I would like to have work experience in dentistry as that's the field in which I would like to pursue in the future . I have already had work experience at a nursery as my school offered it but I would like to have it at a dental surgery. I think it would look good on my cv. I went to my dentist today and he said that I am unable to join any private dental surgeries for work experience and I'm quite confused in knowing what to do now. When is the perfect time for work experience. Oh I wanted to do it in the summer. Hope you can help
thanks
Original post by Aneesha3206
Hello
i am doing my gcse and I would like to have work experience in dentistry as that's the field in which I would like to pursue in the future . I have already had work experience at a nursery as my school offered it but I would like to have it at a dental surgery. I think it would look good on my cv. I went to my dentist today and he said that I am unable to join any private dental surgeries for work experience and I'm quite confused in knowing what to do now. When is the perfect time for work experience. Oh I wanted to do it in the summer. Hope you can help
thanks

Hi there :smile:

I'm sorry that you've been waiting so long for a reply.
My suggestion would be to send letters to local dentist's in your area, let them know that you're interested in gaining some work experience and ask if this would be an option. You could also give them the dates in which you are available.

You may also find this of use; http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Dentistry_Work_Experience
Reply 2
Aww bless
Thanks so much i will definately start sending letters
And the link has helped thanks again😊

Quick Reply

Latest