The Student Room Group

What things can I do to impress people?

I'm looking to make friends, so what stuff can I buy them or what can I do to impress them so they'll be my friend?
Wrong attitude, you can't buy friends, they wouldn't be proper friends then, would they?
I wouldnt suggest buying them anything, you can't buy friends
Just talk to people, smile or say hi then make conversation with them if they're interested when your in class or having lunch etc then gradually it will build up and you will make friends
It's the same as how you made friends when you started school, or college, uni etc (don't know how old you are if these all apply)
Reply 3
Original post by arson_fire
Be yourself

No seriously, what could I learn that would impress them? I was thinking of learning how to juggle, maybe they'll be impressed by that?
Reply 4
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Wrong attitude, you can't buy friends, they wouldn't be proper friends then, would they?

I'm sure it will be fine, don't worry.
Original post by racheyroo
I wouldnt suggest buying them anything, you can't buy friends
Just talk to people, smile or say hi then make conversation with them if they're interested when your in class or having lunch etc then gradually it will build up and you will make friends
It's the same as how you made friends when you started school, or college, uni etc (don't know how old you are if these all apply)

But lets just say you'd impress them instead? What would you do? Juggle? Tell funny jokes? etc
Awhh so lonely, mr lonely, he got nobody :frown:. In all seriousness, You sit next to people in classes? You talk and make friends or you have facebook - use it! You seem a little socially inept from where Im sitting.
Reply 6
Original post by TheSweatyNerd
Awhh so lonely, mr lonely, he got nobody :frown:. In all seriousness, You sit next to people in classes? You talk and make friends or you have facebook - use it! You seem a little socially inept from where Im sitting.

I could use facebook and tell them all about my skills, that might impress them?
Reply 7
Original post by arson_fire
You can`t make proper friends by impressing people. Try doing something together such as skydiving or white water rafting, or training for a marathon or triathlon - people bond well through shared experiences (especially those that involve a bit of danger).

Okay, by doing that would that impress them?
Reply 8
Obviously you need to do the greatest Nek-nomination of all time - it'll be even more effective since no one does them anymore.
Reply 9
Funny jokes is always a good way to start, but if they aren't funny there still going to laugh but instead at you.
What that mouf do
what 'skills' do you have?
Reply 12
Original post by Cheesegrater4
what 'skills' do you have?

I can play the piano.
This is two completely separate issues, impressing people is unlikely to win friends. So you either want to ask; how do I impress people? OR. How do I make friends?
Occasionally something which impresses people will help win you friends, but it'll only help and only occasionally. The two questions are largely mutually exclusive in their results.
Original post by I Believe
I can play the piano.

i'm sure they'll be impressed by that!
Reply 15
They would?
You can impress people with magic tricks
http://www.tesco.com/direct/melissa-doug-deluxe-magic-set/212-8349.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=212-8349&sc_cmp=pcp_GSF_Games%20%26%20Puzzles_212-8349kpid=212-8349&sc_cmp=ppc_g__&gclid=CjkKEQjw-uubBRDs6rqExIXy7ZsBEiQACq4FqS0I6WbWeBVyfX17oEreP_gyp3CgVZlsi38T9X5XUdrw_wcB
or learn how to play black jack no money involved good way to converse with people and impress them. buy and b
banana skins and put nuttella in it and say u pooed in it :colone:
Reply 17
Original post by I Believe
x

I'm impressed by lots of people I'm not friends with. Luis Suarez is an impressive footballer but who would want to be his friend? He bites people, for starters!

Showing off isn't the way to make friends.
Invade Pola- I mean, what

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending