The Student Room Group

Help - pregnancy test

Took a test earlier, two lines meant pregnant, I had a normal line on one bit and a wonky horizontal line in the other bit. My room mate says this means I am pregnant, please tell me she is wrong???
Reply 1
Maybe take another one to get a clearer result, it sounds like that first one was a little unsure. It doesn't sound like you'd want to be pregnant but if you can get your head around what's going on now you have more options than if you try to deny that this is happening.

*Hug* I hope everything's alright.
It is most likely you are pregnant by the sounds of it. For a more definite result, take another test with first morning uring
What sort of test did you use? I tested with a few cheap ones (the kind were you buy a pack of 20 for £3 off Amazon) and kept getting a fuzzy line, so I bought a test from Boots and it said negative. If you were using a cheap test this might be the case for you, try a more expensive test or get one done at your GP/local sexual health clinic.
I agree with everyone above; it's best to take another test
Reply 5
Original post by Radio
Maybe take another one to get a clearer result, it sounds like that first one was a little unsure. It doesn't sound like you'd want to be pregnant but if you can get your head around what's going on now you have more options than if you try to deny that this is happening.

*Hug* I hope everything's alright.

Thanks everyone and especially the above poster for being so sweet. Took 2 more tests yesterday and both were negative. Think maybe I got myself in a panic with the first test because we left it all day before we looked at it and I read later on that you should not read the results after 5 mins has passed.

Quick Reply

Latest