The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL Macbook Pro Student Discount?

I'll be joining QMUL for the International Science and Engineering Foundation Programme this September, and I need a new laptop.

After a lot of thinking, I've decided to go with a Macbook Pro 13-inch Retina Display. And after further research, I've come across the student discount section.

My question is, how much is this discount exactly, and will it be available if I am to customize my Macbook Pro from an i5 processor to an i7 if the i7 version isn't initially available?
Reply 1
Original post by rashalikhan
I'll be joining QMUL for the International Science and Engineering Foundation Programme this September, and I need a new laptop.

After a lot of thinking, I've decided to go with a Macbook Pro 13-inch Retina Display. And after further research, I've come across the student discount section.

My question is, how much is this discount exactly, and will it be available if I am to customize my Macbook Pro from an i5 processor to an i7 if the i7 version isn't initially available?

I'm quite sure the discount is around 14-15%, it should apply for the i7 model too :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Oh thank you for your reply.

So do I just go to the shop and show them proof of me being a student when buying it?
Reply 3
Original post by rashalikhan
Oh thank you for your reply.

So do I just go to the shop and show them proof of me being a student when buying it?

Yes, you just need proof that you're a student - when I bought my Mac, I just went with my NUS card, and that was sufficient to get the discount :smile: (though it wasn't the full 15% as I'm not at uni yet)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending