The Student Room Group

AQA AS History HIS2N - Anti Semitism, Hitler and the German People 22nd May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by chlooooooooooooo
literally think that was the worst paper, the non-source questions were alright, but did anyone else find that the sources were quite vague and difficult to link into the 24 mark, the 24 mark was worded really weirdly as well as the book barely mentions influential figures in that time period, i talked about how it was predominantly because of ideology and then the death of hindenburg but I've messed up the 24 mark so bad, started talking about emigration and just ugh, hopes of getting an A are completely gone now :frown: how did everyone else find it?

Yeah, I know what you mean bout the 24 source mark :/ I kept forgetting that I had to actually link it to sources?? I mentioned source C a few times, in relation to Hindenburg, but not much else... My chances of an A are gone after the Russia exam :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
I thought the sources were terrible! I ended up doing 2 similarities and 1 difference!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
I thought the source questions were rather difficult to link to the questions, I really liked Q5 and Q6, although Im scared I did not write enough for them.

Why is everyone talking about Tsarist Russia?
Reply 23
Original post by Chan88
I thought the source questions were rather difficult to link to the questions, I really liked Q5 and Q6, although Im scared I did not write enough for them.

Why is everyone talking about Tsarist Russia?

Tsarist Russia was a unit one exam, you probably did another topic :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chlooooooooooooo
literally think that was the worst paper, the non-source questions were alright, but did anyone else find that the sources were quite vague and difficult to link into the 24 mark, the 24 mark was worded really weirdly as well as the book barely mentions influential figures in that time period, i talked about how it was predominantly because of ideology and then the death of hindenburg but I've messed up the 24 mark so bad, started talking about emigration and just ugh, hopes of getting an A are completely gone now :frown: how did everyone else find it?

the opposite. the sources were so broad and detailed it was difficult to add sufficient own knowledge. let's be honest though, it was a dream of a paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erinzo
Yes it was a good question!

I talked about social Darwinism and the need to become a perfect nation by removing disability, mental illness etc from the gene pool. And the fact that they were using up resources and not putting anything back in because they couldn't work. And about like. Kinda testing a systemised way of killing??? Testing it out under the guise of mercy killings before taking those ideas for the mass killings of Jews.

Posted from TSR Mobile

pretty much what I put! I also talked about professor Binding and Hoche and also about the Knau family who asked for their disabled son to be put to sleep
Original post by MaryKingcott
pretty much what I put! I also talked about professor Binding and Hoche and also about the Knau family who asked for their disabled son to be put to sleep

i was stuck for depth so i added a good four or five to increase the range.

the need to remove a burden on society i.e disabled and gypsies

the need to remove those who were unpure to ensure a perfect and elite aryan race i.e. jews, disabled etc

to better their international image by removing groups like homosexuals and prostitutes

the fact that they simply didn't like the jews, euthanasia was a far simpler way to remove them than something like shooting which is in the open

to restore their nationalist ideas by removing any group with different lifestyles i.e. jews, homosexuals, gypsies, bohemians etc

Im sure range will make up for lack of depth. I'd probably accept 8-10/12 on that question.
Did anyone else find it weird that Source C spoke loads about kristallnacht and events that occurred in 1938 and after but the 24 mark question was dated up to 1937? made it really hard to answer
Reply 28
Original post by tearsofpoison
Did anyone else find it weird that Source C spoke loads about kristallnacht and events that occurred in 1938 and after but the 24 mark question was dated up to 1937? made it really hard to answer

Wasn't it dated to 1939??? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erinzo
Wasn't it dated to 1939??? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope, I'm sure it was 1933-1937. i could be wrong but I'm sure they left kristallnacht out of the dates to catch people out
Reply 30
Original post by tearsofpoison
nope, I'm sure it was 1933-1937. i could be wrong but I'm sure they left kristallnacht out of the dates to catch people out

the 12 mark was upto 1937! But the 24 mark was upto 1939 I'm sure?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J56
the 12 mark was upto 1937! But the 24 mark was upto 1939 I'm sure?

Posted from TSR Mobile

possibly, but i could've sworn they were both limited because i purposely played it safe when mentioning kristallnacht. either way, my precision was on point; i stated the date, location and assassin etc. very happy ha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending