The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel 22 May C1: Crimea, Boer and WW1

Anyone else doing this unit? How is revision going for everyone? I haven't seen many people around doing this unit, but hopefully there's someone to share the pain with :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

Do you know how long we are supposed to spend on each section ????
Reply 2
Original post by Amiethomas
Do you know how long we are supposed to spend on each section ????

Do you mean how long do we spend on each question? If so, then part A would be 30minutes and B would be 50minutes. :smile:
I am doing this exam. So stressed, even though it's apparently easier than the unit 1 exam.
Reply 4
Original post by ransominiho
I am doing this exam. So stressed, even though it's apparently easier than the unit 1 exam.

In my opinion it's going to be much more difficult, just because I literally cannot do the part B question. This topic kills me and I don't seem to be able to learn enough detailed knowledge to actually write an essay out of it :s-smilie:
Does anyone have a structure for part A? Also, what is anyone revising?
Reply 6
Original post by Sarahbear12310
Does anyone have a structure for part A? Also, what is anyone revising?

Key to section A is cross-referencing, so make sure that you do not try to describe each source one by one. Tackle issues, not sources. That's pretty much all there is to say about section A. So maybe do a paragraph for each issue? Don't forget a little conclusion.

And I am generally gonna try to revise WW1 today. Like, I'm gonna try women's effort in WW1, morale and discipline in the army, home economy maybe. Because WW1 is almost always a B part question. And then general notes on both Boer and Crimean wars.
Original post by cuppa
In my opinion it's going to be much more difficult, just because I literally cannot do the part B question. This topic kills me and I don't seem to be able to learn enough detailed knowledge to actually write an essay out of it :s-smilie:

I reckon it's gonna' be the home front or something in relation to the Boer war.
Reply 8
Original post by ransominiho
I reckon it's gonna' be the home front or something in relation to the Boer war.
DORA doesn't seem to have come up yet, so maybe that will. I have no idea how to tackle this revision LOL
Original post by cuppa
Key to section A is cross-referencing, so make sure that you do not try to describe each source one by one. Tackle issues, not sources. That's pretty much all there is to say about section A. So maybe do a paragraph for each issue? Don't forget a little conclusion.

And I am generally gonna try to revise WW1 today. Like, I'm gonna try women's effort in WW1, morale and discipline in the army, home economy maybe. Because WW1 is almost always a B part question. And then general notes on both Boer and Crimean wars.

Thank you. It's so much to remember! I'm hoping the Boer War comes up to be honest.
Yeah I'm hoping Boer comes up, but I have a feeling Women and WW1 will :/
I'm doing this and really struggle with it, I really don't want the boer war, if it does prefaby on part A so we don't need any own knowledge!
Reply 12
But if Boer war did come up, what do you think it'd be? There isn't much to talk about, is there? There was a Boer question on support for the Empire in Jan 2013
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cuppa
But if Boer war did come up, what do you think it'd be? There isn't much to talk about, is there? There was a Boer question on support for the Empire in Jan 2013

Maybe propaganda, British imperialism, tariff reforms
Reply 14
I'm re-sitting this and got a mid-B last year on it. I actually did very well on part B and did not include too much detailed knowledge (I answered the question on the Crimean reporters) it was just part A which I got 13/20 on :-(. Only really had time to properly revise today and tomorrow morning but I am focusing it all on the Boer war and WW1 homefront. So if anything else comes up I don't think I'll be improving on that B, eek.
Reply 15
Original post by elbury1
I'm re-sitting this and got a mid-B last year on it. I actually did very well on part B and did not include too much detailed knowledge (I answered the question on the Crimean reporters) it was just part A which I got 13/20 on :-(. Only really had time to properly revise today and tomorrow morning but I am focusing it all on the Boer war and WW1 homefront. So if anything else comes up I don't think I'll be improving on that B, eek.

Maybe this time you'll get 19/20 :cool: I'm sure if you revise those things, a question should come up on it. It was Crimean reporting and the Somme last year June, so :dontknow:

I'm honestly aiming for like 17+ and 26+ for an all right B.
Really don't like the boer war, my problem will be cross referencing I think
I want a C maybe a B, didn't do too well on unit 1 though :/
Reply 18
Ok so apparently yesterday I was stupid enough not to do much revision AT ALL so I will cram until the exam now LOL
Original post by cuppa
Ok so apparently yesterday I was stupid enough not to do much revision AT ALL so I will cram until the exam now LOL

Same!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending