The Student Room Group

OCR Elizabethan History AS May 22nd 2014

Hey! Is anyone else sitting this paper tomorrow? If so, what in particular have you been revising and have any of your teachers said anything about what they predict may come up?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by vanessaodris
Hey! Is anyone else sitting this paper tomorrow? If so, what in particular have you been revising and have any of your teachers said anything about what they predict may come up?:smile:

Hi, I'm also sitting this paper. Marriage and succession probably won't come up as it's been in the last 2 papers but finance and economy is almost definitely coming up as it hasn't come up either of the last 2.
Original post by FionnB
Hi, I'm also sitting this paper. Marriage and succession probably won't come up as it's been in the last 2 papers but finance and economy is almost definitely coming up as it hasn't come up either of the last 2.

hi! wait are you definitely doing the same board as me? :') because for OCR marriage hasnt come up for a while or poverty and vagrancy, but MQS, Spain and parliament has. Sorry if you are doing the same as me and I've missed something :tongue:
Reply 3
hi! wait are you definitely doing the same board as me? :') because for OCR marriage hasnt come up for a while or poverty and vagrancy, but MQS, Spain and parliament has. Sorry if you are doing the same as me and I've missed something :tongue:

:s-smilie: I'm definitely OCR and my exam is tomorrow on Elizabeth but it doesn't sound like it's the same paper which is strange. Lol what's your exam code​thing?
Original post by FionnB
:s-smilie: I'm definitely OCR and my exam is tomorrow on Elizabeth but it doesn't sound like it's the same paper which is strange. Lol what's your exam code​thing?

F981! It probs is the same :') I think last May's paper was mqs (babington plot and something else) and something to do with privy council. What are you hoping does/doesn't come up? I'm not keen on poverty and vagrancy but I think it'll deffo come up!
Reply 5
F981! It probs is the same :') I think last May's paper was mqs (babington plot and something else) and something to do with privy council. What are you hoping does/doesn't come up? I'm not keen on poverty and vagrancy but I think it'll deffo come up!

Mines F961? :s-smilie: Mine has broader questions where you talk about different events of her reign? Eg How far did the issue of marriage and succession affect Elizabeth I's foreign policy from 1558 to 1587?
Reply 6

Yeah turns out we're doing different exams lol. Strange why the same exam board do the same topic twice, lol
Reply 7
Religion, marriage and succession and Poverty haven't come up in ages. Hoping for marriage question to come up tomorrow
Reply 8
Original post by FionnB
Yeah turns out we're doing different exams lol. Strange why the same exam board do the same topic twice, lol

I'm doing the same exam as you! I hate guessing questions as you never know if they'll decide to do the same unit 2 papers in a row... especially as there's no January papers anymore!
Finance/economy is what I'm greatly focusing on as I hate it but have a feeling it will come up... I'd love if the problems of 1558 came up!
Reply 9
Original post by Natally
I'm doing the same exam as you! I hate guessing questions as you never know if they'll decide to do the same unit 2 papers in a row... especially as there's no January papers anymore!
Finance/economy is what I'm greatly focusing on as I hate it but have a feeling it will come up... I'd love if the problems of 1558 came up!

Don't seem many of us doing this exam lol. Yeah, marriage and succession came up in the last 2 exams though so I guess we probably we get it as I doubt they'd do 3 in a row. Same I'm focusing on finance and economy although they seem quite good at twisting that topic to an awkward question. Yeah problems in 1558 is my best area so I'd love it to come up too, but if it does come up I reckon it will be in an awkward format. I'm really not confident on parliament though. It's a difficult topic to pinpoint aspects of. I'm just so glad that in this exam we get a choice of questions :biggrin: Do you have any good resources any of the topics?
Original post by Abu1996
Religion, marriage and succession and Poverty haven't come up in ages. Hoping for marriage question to come up tomorrow

Yeah marriage would be alright! And religion! Just praying it isn't gloriana and poverty together because I'd be screwed XD
Original post by FionnB

Wow yeah that's bizarre! At least we won't end up confusing each other now :') good luck anyway!
Reply 12
Yup same. I'm not too good with writing essays on religion though. Praying men and marriage comes up haha. Good luck with you exam anyway! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Wow yeah that's bizarre! At least we won't end up confusing each other now :') good luck anyway!

Yeah very lol, haha, best of luck to you too, especi​ally as you're no longer my competition :wink:
Original post by FionnB
Yeah very lol, haha, best of luck to you too, especi​ally as you're no longer my competition :wink:

Haha even if I had I doubt I'd have heightened the grade boundaries :wink: how was your exam?
Original post by Civil Dispute

Were you doing the religious settlement/poverty paper?
Were you doing the religious settlement/poverty paper?

Yes I was. Chose question a. How'd you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I chose question A too. The religious settlement one :smile:
Didn't have many ideas for the first question but second question was decent. What did u write about?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abu1996
I chose question A too. The religious settlement one :smile:
Didn't have many ideas for the first question but second question was decent. What did u write about?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't remember precisely. She wanted to introduce the new settlement in 59, quickly after ascending to the throne due to religious conflict such as Wyatt rebellion from Marian reign. Previous Tudors proved that being radically catholic/Protestant was bad, so she needed a via media and achieved it with act of uniformity/royal conjunctions in 1559. If she had waited to introduce it then things like Northern Rebellion of 69 could have been exacerbated with more catholic support. Propaganda from printing press in first decade of reign also helped get the image into everyone's head that she was powerful for a female monarch, which likely reduced impact of rebellions and made it so Catholics were more willing to conform. Evidence from the past such as walking out from mass on Christmas Eve in 58 suggested she was probably a Protestant herself and wanted the settlement to be introduced quickly as a result.

Can't recall everything because I wrote a lot, but that was some of the stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending