The Student Room Group

Please help me understand Ucas offer

In the middle of exam stress at the moment and seemed to have gone in panic mode. Looked again at my uni offer now I can't understand it so please help.

This offer is subject to you obtaining a total of 300 UCAS tariff points to include GCE Advanced Levels Biology and Chemistry at grade B. No more than 30 points from Key Skills or any other scheme can count towards the total UCAS tariff points.

So I understand the B in Biology and Chemistry, can the other 100 points be made up of my other A level and my AS subject? Also the 30 points max from elsewhere does this include the AS or other qualifications as I have 105 Ucas points from other sources.

Thanks in advance and most appreciated as I know everyone is busy revising
:smile:
Reply 1
Any ideas? Anyone? Please
Original post by ssjt
In the middle of exam stress at the moment and seemed to have gone in panic mode. Looked again at my uni offer now I can't understand it so please help.

This offer is subject to you obtaining a total of 300 UCAS tariff points to include GCE Advanced Levels Biology and Chemistry at grade B. No more than 30 points from Key Skills or any other scheme can count towards the total UCAS tariff points.

So I understand the B in Biology and Chemistry, can the other 100 points be made up of my other A level and my AS subject? Also the 30 points max from elsewhere does this include the AS or other qualifications as I have 105 Ucas points from other sources.

Thanks in advance and most appreciated as I know everyone is busy revising
:smile:

The other 100 points can be made up of your remaining a level and your other as level from last year yes.

I dont really know about other 30 points bit but if you only need another 100 points thats not much oncr you take away what you already have from the as level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thanks ChristineE96 that's what I was hoping. Was just hoping the 30 point bit doesn't include AS results as well, which I'd have thought if it did it would clearly say. Think they included the 30 points bit as I have 105 ucas points from BHS exams so they will include only 30 of that which is cool and I have a C in AS physics so Should mean I need a B in biology and chemistry and can get away with an E in maths and still have enough points :-)

Definitely taking the some of the stress off me :-)

Welcome :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks and you too :-)

Quick Reply

Latest