The Student Room Group

BAE Systems Engineering Taster Week Summer 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I suppose soo. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a bit late to the party here but I only just found this thread.
going on the second week.
Just thought I'd say hey :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey to you too :smile: tell us about yourself :biggrin:
Well, I've always been interested in STEM subjects, but only really thought about engineering this year - I don't really know what field I want to go into yet. this will be my first relevant experiance I've had. Looking forward to it!
Are you local to Lancashire, or travelling?
(edited 7 years ago)
No, I live in Bedfordshire so I've got a really long journey! I only decided on engineering about 18 months ago but it seems like something enjoyable.
Original post by Zoe_Marie
No, I live in Bedfordshire so I've got a really long journey! I only decided on engineering about 18 months ago but it seems like something enjoyable.

Same here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by a_quiet_person
Same here; I'm from Kent.

Ooh, where in Kent are you from?
Are you staying somewhere in Preston on the night before?
Original post by Zoe_Marie
Ooh, where in Kent are you from?
Are you staying somewhere in Preston on the night before?

Not kent & I think I'm staying in a premier inn or something similar the night before. What about you?
It feels ages away, since I'm still in school at the moment, but its getting closer :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by a_quiet_person
Near Maidstone & I think I'm staying in a premier inn or something similar the night before. What about you?
It feels ages away, since I'm still in school at the moment, but its getting closer :biggrin:

Oh ok, my nan lives in Canterbury and my other nan used to live in Gillingham so I was just interested if you were anywhere near :biggrin:

I don't think it feels ages away at all; I'm going on holiday next week and returning a day before I have to go to Preston so I'm going to have to organise myself this week for it :smile:
Reply 29
Are you taking like business work clothes or just keeping it to smart but casual?
Sorry silly question but I hope that makes sense lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Just found this but I'm going on the second week. :smile:
Wow some of you guys have a long way to travel. I'm local and BAE is closer than my college so no problem for me.
Original post by hola!!
Are you taking like business work clothes or just keeping it to smart but casual?
Sorry silly question but I hope that makes sense lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm wearing sixth form clothes, but I don't know whether that will be smart enough. I'll bring more casual clothes for the evenings and if the general atmosphere is smart-caj I'll wear them during the day I guess
Reply 32
Yeah same.
Aw just me going in the first week lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
I'm sure that will be smart enough. (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
So have any of you looked at the Systems engineering course at Loughborough?
I went to Loughborough open day on friday and it sounds pretty good.
Also spoke to one of the students who organised the taster weeks last time and they said that everyone enjoyed them and found them useful. Should be good. :smile:
Reply 35
No but I probably will do when I apply for uni. I'm only 16 atm.
Oh cool, are you applying for uni this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
I've just been going to a few opendays so far and then in September I will be filling out the UCAS forms to go to uni in 2015.
Which Sixth Form are you going to go to?
Reply 37
Original post by AndrewR
I've just been going to a few opendays so far and then in September I will be filling out the UCAS forms to go to uni in 2015.
Which Sixth Form are you going to go to?

Oh cool. Lancaster Girls Grammar. I don't go there atm. But I'm going to be starting sixth form there. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Oh right I know a couple of girls who go there. I'm at Newman College in Preston. :smile:
Reply 39
Oh awesome :smile: yeahh I'm from preston :biggrin: that's my second choice haha. What subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending