The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Accommodation for a civil engineering student in Cardiff

Hello everyone i am going to Cardiff next year to study civil engineering and I was wondering if anyone can help me with the Accomodation.

I gave a look at the forum and checked the posts related to Accomodation but i got some questions

First of all I am looking for an en-suite room, in a calm environment
Most people talk about Talybont and I am considering to apply for talybont court and South. How far is it from my school? The Senghennydd hall is pretty close I hear but they call it the 'Senghetto'. Why? is it so bad?

For an engineering student what hall would you recommend?
And one last thing I would want a proper shower in the room, not the ones that the water goes over the whole bathroom hall, besides Talybont Court is there a residence with a proper shower?
I stayed in Senghennydd court last year and I absolutely loved being so close to the city centre. It is not that bad, I had an ensuite room and shared the kitchen with 4 other people. To be honest most of the time i was too lazy to visit my friends in Talybont, although they had better house parties. I dont know about senghennydd hall but court was pretty good, everything was working and reception was helpful..
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
in Senghennydd hall/court ensuite houses how many people do you stay with?

im doing engineering next year also, i heard Talybont is the like.. "Party" place and Senghennydd more "working" place, i want a decent ballance of both!. Im worried if i go to senghennydd i wont be housed with people who like going out that much.. - all of this is from what i have been told be students in the 2nd/3rd year's but i cant take their word for it i guess!

Can anyone help?

- Applying to live in senghennydd for sept 2014
you share the kitchen with 4 other people in senghennydd court ensuite (ensuite was only for postgrads 2 years ago). I don't know how it is right now. In my opinion Talybont buildings are newer and its lovely that its so close to Bute park but its a bit isolated and people prefer partying in the kitchens or blackweir tavern. Senghennydd wasnt a "working" place in my opinion, its like 5 minutes to city centre and you can just enjoy the bars there and see more than just talybont people. I prefer being so close to shops, restaurants and bars and see more than just uni people. Its a bummer that your roommates are totally random and i only liked one of my roommates but I had other friends in the opposite building and we went to Buffalo and live lounge pretty often.
Reply 4
how about the showers in senghennydd? Is there a proper shower or the water goes all around the bathroom?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending