The Student Room Group

Edexcel English Literature GCSE tomorrow-What poems are coming up?

Does anybody have any idea on what anthology poems are coming up tomorrow? Preferably the Taking a Stand Collection (because that is the one that I'm doing), but if anybody has nay idea for any of them, that would be great.
Reply 1
Ideas for next National Lottery draw predictions would be great as well.
Original post by jjess1234
Ideas for next National Lottery draw predictions would be great as well.

Lol haha. Personally if anyone knows how to answer these poems. That would be great as I need some help. Like do you follow a Mnemonic or something? For example - In English Language I use 'PEARL'.

P- Point
E- Evidence
A- Analysis
R- Reader
L- Link back to the question.
I use SMILE because it contains a lot of the elements of poetry, but allows you to deviate e.g. meaning and effect can be combined. I also just read last year's examiner report; they criticised a 'cookie-cutter' approach to structuring the essay as some never actually reached the discussion of language, so SMILE is basically for finding the features in the poem and not for structuring your essay.

S - Structure
M - Meaning
I - Imagery
L - Language
E - Effect
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by WillisCrisp
I use SMILE because it contains a lot of the elements of poetry, but allows you to deviate e.g. meaning and effect can be combined. I also just read last year's examiner report; they criticised a 'cookie-cutter' approach to structuring the essay as some never actually reached the discussion of language, so SMILE is basically for finding the features in the poem and not for structuring your essay.

S - Structure
M - Meaning
I - Imagery
L - Language
E - Effect

I use STRIVE in Poetry and PEARL in Language.

S- Structure
T- Theme
R- Rhythm
I- Imagery
V- Vocabulary
E- Effect

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending