The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel English Language Paper 2 22 May

Does anyone have this paper? I'm confused on what it's out of and what each section is out of too.

Also, any predictions on what poem/prose from the Section B of the Anthology that you think will come up?
Reply 1
Original post by Sulfur
Does anyone have this paper? I'm confused on what it's out of and what each section is out of too.

Also, any predictions on what poem/prose from the Section B of the Anthology that you think will come up?

I have that exam tomorrow :/ Its going to be on one question from the anthology section B (my predictions are Veronica, refugee blues or an unknown girl :/ not sure tho) and you're going to have to write about a topic they give you and you could either write to "explore, imagine or entertain" or to "argue persuade and advise". Hope that helped :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Hbazaham
I have that exam tomorrow :/ Its going to be on one question from the anthology section B (my predictions are Veronica, refugee blues or an unknown girl :/ not sure tho) and you're going to have to write about a topic they give you and you could either write to "explore, imagine or entertain" or to "argue persuade and advise". Hope that helped :smile:

It did thanks! Do you have a link to any past papers at all?
Reply 3
oh and also its out of 30 (15 for each section) and its worth 40% of your overall language grade
Reply 5
Original post by Hbazaham
oh and also its out of 30 (15 for each section) and its worth 40% of your overall language grade

I checked the grade boundaries for English Language (IGCSE KEAO I think) and it said it was out of 100 raw marks overall. So I thought Paper 1 (60) and Paper 2 (40) but the past papers I've glimpsed at are out of 30 or 48, so I'm really confused! Thanks too! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest