The Student Room Group

Caught classmate cheating

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JD8897
Yeah report the guy, if they cheat then they deserve to get screwed over, dont feel guilty it's their own fault

Pfftt, did just that after I saw the boys in my chem class copying/discussing their answers as well as use their phones, nothing happened. Teacher said there was no evidence of cheating and did nada

It was ****ing frustrating seeing them get 10/10 with me on the other hand getting 7/10 :mad:
Reply 21
Original post by Drunk Punx
My teachers always told us that they have software in place that can detect if work can be plagiarised by cross-referencing it with thousands and thousands of online articles (usually Wikipedia :P ) relating to the work. Whether that was bs or not remains to be seen, but it always put us off of cheating!

It is strange that they do well yet choose to cheat. Maybe for the first time they've come across a bit of work that is harder than they thought and have to be seen to be upholding their current grades so as not to seem dim. Pressure does that to people. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Edit: Ignore Revision Notes, and have some RL advice: once word gets around that you're a grass, that'll stick with you like **** to a shoe (rhyming lulz) for the rest of your college life. You don't stand to benefit from turning them in, so there's no point in doing so. More RL advice: if you want to, as RV says, "be a superhero", then realise that sometimes personal satisfaction has to be ignored for the greater good (the "greater good" in this case meaning not being a tattletale).

To be honest, I don't think that anyone will be annoyed with me (if they find out), since there's been unconfirmed rumours that they cheated before (quite unlikely), and some group got annoyed that they copied a photo on this coursework etc. Just it's not right to report them and all that.

Quick Reply

Latest