The Student Room Group

Question about carry on luggage with United

So it says on the website "Each traveler can bring on board one carry-on bag plus one personal item free of charge".

So obviously I paid extra to take my large suitcase on. I have been measuring my backpack and it doesn't fit into the measurements of the personal item. However, I am not planning on taking a carry-on bag (which in the photo they show as a mini suitcase), so does this mean it wouldn't matter if my personal bag was a bit over? Or does it not work like that.

I just hear horror stories about people being charged loads for luggage so I'm trying to make sure it is all dead on!
It won't be an issue, they will just accept the bag that you are taking as your carry on bag. I never bother with hand luggage but always take a big handbag. Similar situation, never had an problem.
Reply 2
Original post by hannah4225
It won't be an issue, they will just accept the bag that you are taking as your carry on bag. I never bother with hand luggage but always take a big handbag. Similar situation, never had an problem.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping they will do. I have a biggish rucksack. It's not massive at all though - something you'd take to uni. Hopefully that will be fine! Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest