The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I'm hoping to get in Kent to do history and I need ABB, I'm really not sure though I keep thinking about it and I think worst case Scenario I will get ABC but who knows anything can happen now......

I read in another forum that a girl who needed ABB got accepted with BBC, that just shows even if we miss our grades there is still hope :biggrin:
Anyone know how lenient Kent are?? I need ABB and thinking I'll get BBC or BCD :frown:
Original post by ellzbellz_
Anyone know how lenient Kent are?? I need ABB and thinking I'll get BBC or BCD :frown:

I do not know how lenient they are, however they do appear to do foundation years for a few of their subjects, which then allow you to do the standard 3 year bachelors degree. For Computer Systems Engineering (which I applied for), this was the different between BBB and DD.
I would advise you to look in to whether they do the foundation year for your subject (even though it will mean doing 4 years). They might even be friendly, and accept you on to that course automatically if you don't receive the grades to go straight to bachelors.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 203
Original post by ellzbellz_

I am not sure I have heard they are quite lenient ( I hope they are ) I know a guy last year who got into Lancaster he needed AAB but got BBB so if you don't get the exact grades don't worry there is still a chance :smile: ( this is what I tell myself so I don't go insane with worry )
Original post by NicCx
I recently got released from my insurance. I emailed the admissions office

how do you find adminissions office email and what details do you need to include?

thanks!
Reply 205
Original post by The_Blade
how do you find adminissions office email and what details do you need to include?

thanks!

Have a look on the contact us part of their website, the departments will be there somewhere. I just said that I no longer wanted the place (politely) and then had a reply about 2 days after. I contacted UCAS for advice before emailing them so my decision was already on record so I didn't have to contact UCAS to confirm the decision after the uni had declined me. It just updated on my track. If you don't speak to UCAS before you email the uni, you will have to do it afterwards.
Original post by NicCx
I recently got released from my insurance. I emailed the admissions office

What did you say to them as I will be emailing my insurance choice university this week because I do not want to go there I want to get into my firm choice or clearing.
Reply 207
I need AAA for Politics at UCL.I know for certain that I haven't got that in one of my subjects (likely a B).

I asked their admissions tutor what happened to dropped-grade candidates in previous years. Some were let in.

I won't know whether they will be able to do the same this year until the day of slaughter, so It's pretty damn scary. :afraid:
Reply 208
Original post by aidenacs
What did you say to them as I will be emailing my insurance choice university this week because I do not want to go there I want to get into my firm choice or clearing.

My exact email was this

Hi

I recently selected the University of Leicester as my insurance choice, but my circumstances have changed and I am sorry but I no longer want this place. Could you please tell me how I go about removing this insurance choice?

Thank you
Nicola

I also included my personal and student ID.
Does anybody know how lenient salford uni are?
Need AAB including an A in English, really worried with a couple of weeks to go!
Does anybody know how competitive chemistry is, were reading and keele in clearing for chem last year, are both those unis lenient on grades in clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how lenient hertfordshire are?
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to drop a quick note to say Don't Panic!! I went to my second choice uni and have just graduated after three incredible years-I could honestly not have been happier. So if you do go to your insurance choice, you can still have an amazing time! And succeed, make friends, often get accommodation (depends on your university) and come out with a solid education. Also, a lot of Uni's have clearing spaces open (Reading will have some!) so if you totally miss your offer, there are still options. I worked the clearing hotline last year, there are lots of people calling on results day and we do our best to make everyone as happy as possible.
Well done on finishing your A levels everyone!
Anja :smile:
Student Ambassador
English Lit and International Relations
How lenient are Aston if they are my insurance. They want distinction BB but im likely to get Merit BB.
Reply 215
Original post by Roshan Mohanty
How good is Bristol University? Reputation wise? Career Prospects? Is is possible to transfer from UK uni to a US uni or another UK uni? Is it possible to change stream after 1st year ie. from civil engg to mech. engg??

I think you may be in the wrong thread. But Bristol is generally regarded as a decent university especially for engineering.
Reply 216
I've applied for Civil Engineering and my firm is UCL (A*AA) and insurance is Surrey (AAB). I probably got AAB-ABB :frown:
But I really want to get into UCL
I've applied to study business management at university of Birmingham and my offer is AAB, but realistically I'm looking at ABB, possibly A*BB. as it is such an over subscribed course I think it is unlikely that they will accept me with these grades but would it be worth calling them if I get rejected? There are still spaces on the course according to UCAS extra.

I know it will be my Spanish that lets me down and this is because my teacher left two months prior to the oral and written exams without a proper replacement as she was the only Spanish teacher qualified to teach A level at my sixth form, but I didn't realise school could alert UCAS about this, is it too late?

Also, if I do get rejected by Birmingham does it mean I have to go to my insurance choice? There is no chance of me getting any lower than ABC or BBB so I still feel like I could get into a more well established university than my insurance choice, where my offer is 280 points. Could I be released from that offer into clearing? I know that many russel group universities such as Liverpool are planning on having spaces on business courses in clearing.

I'm so glad this thread exists as I've been stressed out of my mind. I hope someone can answer my queries and I wish everyone else who is feeling like this the best of luck with their results. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I applied to uni last year and missed both my firm and insurance, got A*CC and needed ABB. I got onto a course at Nottingham but realised it wasn't for me so did re-takes. It looks as though clearing this year and last year is more promising than previous years so that's good news but still it's hard to find places.. I love the course I applied for and asks ABB I know a more competitive course accepted my friend with A* BC last year which I think is what I might get so worried if I don't get accepted because it's such a weird grade combo to have :/
Need AAB for Computer Science at Sheffield Uni but the max I'll get is ABB, possibly even ABC. Anyone know how hard Sheffield are when it comes to grades?

Latest

Trending

Trending