The Student Room Group

OCR (NOT MEI) Core 2 Exam - 22nd May 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Limits were 3 and 1

x=(y^2+6y+9)/4-4 or x=(y^2+6y-7)/4

The integrals were (y^3)/12+(6y^2)/8-7y/4
(edited 9 years ago)
Will I lose marks for putting 48pi-36rt3=88 point something?

And how how did you answer the logs question
Original post by Chickenj90
I found this paper quite hard and I don't normally find c2 a problem questions 8a and last one of 9 were my faults.
Anyone got an idea of the grade boundaries according to past papers and difficulty. Most of my school came out of the exam saying it was hard.

What do you guys think about the exam?

Reaction was mixed at my school. There's always people that say it was easy. Some people looked like they were crying, and I found it about average. I would think something like 60 would be an A?
Reply 43
Original post by Chickenj90
I found this paper quite hard and I don't normally find c2 a problem questions 8a and last one of 9 were my faults.
Anyone got an idea of the grade boundaries according to past papers and difficulty. Most of my school came out of the exam saying it was hard.

What do you guys think about the exam?

It wasn't easy. Think it will be still be around 59ish for an A...
Original post by mitchellshazia
Yeah this happened to me

I ended up using the other page because I worked out the whole thing and forgot to add the 4 from x+4, and had to do it again. Oops
Reply 45
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Same - my calculator wouldn't give it exact and I couldn't be bothered to do it myself so I just wrote out the massive decimal. Probably lost a mark for that :/

to get exact value you to each calculation separately (sector + area triangle)

i did this is one go on calc :frown:
Original post by arryson
What did people get for their x = f(y) in the last question. And how did they get their lower limit? :s

I think I got x = 1/4y^2 + 3/2y - 7/4.
Reply 47
Original post by ali_blue
Will I lose marks for putting 48pi-36rt3=88 point something?

And how how did you answer the logs question

1 mark if you are unlucky. I remember the question asked for exact value .
Grade boundaries imo would be 63/4ish for an A. The general feeling at my school was that it was simple
Reply 49
I did everything in radians mode on my calculator and didn't have time to change it :frown:((((((((
Original post by The_Blade
to get exact value you to each calculation separately (sector + area triangle)

i did this is one go on calc :frown:

Really? I tried both ways and it was still a decimal for me - probably different calculators.
Reply 51
Went awfully in honesty
For the integration f(y) question I rearranged it fine and did the method fine but I must have made a calculation error wrong somewhere because I ended up with 68/3 instead of 14/3

How many marks do you think I will drop?
Reply 53
Original post by peakneek
Grade boundaries imo would be 63/4ish for an A. The general feeling at my school was that it was simple

Jesus 63/72 ? XD
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Reaction was mixed at my school. There's always people that say it was easy. Some people looked like they were crying, and I found it about average. I would think something like 60 would be an A?

yeah I agree
Reply 55
Original post by p625ccc
A list of C2 answers that I memorised
1. Q1
a. 36.3
b. 9.822
c. 14.5

2. Q2
a. 2,5,8
b. 2420

3. Q3
a. 8pie
b. 48-36*3^1/2

4. Q4
a. 71.6 251.6 116.6 296.6
5. Q5
a. Log486/log144

6. Q6
a. X^12+8x^7+24x^32x^-3+16x^-8
b. 1/13+1+8-16-16/7

7. Q7
a. 100
b. 3
c. 3+5^1/2 3-5^1/2

8. Q8
a. N=28
b. R=-1/2 a=6

Wasn't 8.b R= 1/2 ?
What do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by arryson
It wasn't easy. Think it will be still be around 59ish for an A...

Hope so
Reply 58
Original post by nectempus
For the integration f(y) question I rearranged it fine and did the method fine but I must have made a calculation error wrong somewhere because I ended up with 68/3 instead of 14/3

How many marks do you think I will drop?

I think 2-4 marks depending on whether you got the correct integrals
Reply 59
Original post by DaveInit
Wasn't 8.b R= 1/2 ?

I got -1/2… because I remember getting -1/2 and 3/2 but it can't be 3/2 because r has to be less than 1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending