The Student Room Group

Genioplasty

Hi, i'm just wondering if anyone's had genioplasty surgery, and their experiences with it.
Also, is there a way of knowing whether you'll have a line down the middle of the chin once you've had the surgery? That's one factor that's putting me off..
Reply 1
Original post by snowystarks
Hi, i'm just wondering if anyone's had genioplasty surgery, and their experiences with it.
Also, is there a way of knowing whether you'll have a line down the middle of the chin once you've had the surgery? That's one factor that's putting me off..

I haven't had this surgery. However the position of the scar etc may well be dependent on the particular approach that the surgeon takes when operating. The only way to really know would be to have a consultation with the surgeon and ask him about issues such as scaring.

Obviously this wouldn't be a small operation so it is worth thinking carefully before you make any big decisions.
Reply 2
Original post by snowystarks

I haven't had this surgery. However the position of the scar etc may well be dependent on the particular approach that the surgeon takes when operating. The only way to really know would be to have a consultation with the surgeon and ask him about issues such as scaring.

Obviously this wouldn't be a small operation so it is worth thinking carefully before you make any big decisions.

Quick Reply

Latest