The Student Room Group

Field Hockey!

Any field hockey lovers on here? Just want to see what sports people play and interests they have- I love Hockey hah I used to play defender when I was in year7-9 then we got a new PE Teacher and she put me up to midfielder or up front haha such a chance I didn't realise how much harder it was hah. As I'm starting college in September I'm hoping to join the hockey team if I'm up to their standards.. what do you guys play?
Hi,

I'm only in year 8 at the moment (UK), but I hope this is still relevant to you! We have P.E every Monday, and at the moment we're doing athletics, but in the Winter we play field hockey. (Can be through rain and snow - not always my favourite sport!) I usually play in defence, and I really like it. It's fun, but can be challenging. I'm not the best in my group or anything, but it's enjoyable. Hope this helps. x :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by irishdiamond
Hi,

I'm only in year 8 at the moment (UK), but I hope this is still relevant to you! We have P.E every Monday, and at the moment we're doing athletics, but in the Winter we play field hockey. (Can be through rain and snow - not always my favourite sport!) I usually play in defence, and I really like it. It's fun, but can be challenging. I'm not the best in my group or anything, but it's enjoyable. Hope this helps. x :smile:

When it was on the curriculum we played in the summer not in winter hahahah. The point of this feed was to find someone who also plays hockey and I'm glad I did haha. I love playing defence but when it's tournaments it's boring sometimes becauae you're sat there haha :smile: x
Original post by CaitlinN15
When it was on the curriculum we played in the summer not in winter hahahah. The point of this feed was to find someone who also plays hockey and I'm glad I did haha. I love playing defence but when it's tournaments it's boring sometimes becauae you're sat there haha :smile: x

Yeah, ha ha. xx
Reply 4
Original post by irishdiamond
Yeah, ha ha. xx

Hopefully I'll be able to play at college as I'm starting it in September because I've not played it since year9 with school haha I miss it tbh xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been known to play in the past. Not played too much in the last two years though.
Reply 6
Original post by SirMasterKey
I've been known to play in the past. Not played too much in the last two years though.

Ahah same- school knocked it off the curriculum at the start of year10 -.- ahha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinN15
Ahah same- school knocked it off the curriculum at the start of year10 -.- ahha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Join a local club?

I've not played because last year I was abroad for a year and it was darn expensive to join a local side and this year because I'm lazy and didn't want to walk the 3 miles to and from the training pitch on a cold Monday night.
Reply 8
Original post by SirMasterKey
Join a local club?

I've not played because last year I was abroad for a year and it was darn expensive to join a local side and this year because I'm lazy and didn't want to walk the 3 miles to and from the training pitch on a cold Monday night.

Yeah I was going to but I've gained numerous problems with my knee over the past 2years so I couldn't play but even though it's still bad i'm willing to play haha also the club is all year round and when it was winter it was on whilst it was dark so I werent playing in darkness haha hopefully I'll be able to join the college team

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest