The Student Room Group

AQA C2 June 2014 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Okay guys, just finished the C2 exam paper, and I did a mark scheme for C1 so I thought I'd do one for C2. I would appreciate it if anyone could contribute their answers, and if any of my answers are wrong give corrections. Marks are in emboldened, underlined brackets, like so [x]

Unparseable latex formula:

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item Area of triangle = 22cm^2 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[2]}} \\[br]\item Length of BC = 9.3cm \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{1}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item x + 2x^\text{1.5}+ \dfrac{2}{5} x^\text{2.5} + C \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item n = 3 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[1]}} \\[br]\item 1+3x^\text{0.5} + 3x + x^\text{1.5} \hfill \textbf{\underline{[1]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\item Area under curve = \dfrac{49}{10} \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{2}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item S_\infty = 486 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[2]}} \\[br]\item U_2 = 48 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[1]}} \\[br]\item U_\text{12} = \dfrac{2^\text{34}}{3^\text{19}} \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{3}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item f'(x) = -2x^\text{-3} + 4 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item Equation of normal: y+3 = \dfrac{-1}{6} (x+1) \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item Equation of tangent: y-6 = -12(x -\dfrac{1}{2}) \hfill \textbf{\underline{[5]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{4}[br]\item r = 6cm \hfill \textbf{\underline{[6]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{5}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item Sketch y = sinx \hfill \textbf{\underline{[2]}} \\[br]\item Stretch in x-direction with s.f. \dfrac{1}{5} \hfill \textbf{\underline{[2]}} \\[br]\item Translation [\dfrac{-2^\circ}{0}] \hfill \textbf{\underline{[2]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{6}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item Prove tan^2(x) = \dfrac{3}{2} \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item \theta = 25^\circ , 65^\circ , 115^\circ , 155^\circ \hfill \textbf{\underline{[4]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{7}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item Show a + 2d = 115 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item d = -4 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item k = 31, S_\text{31} = 1953 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[5]}} \\[br]\end{enumerate}[br]\end{enumerate}[br]

[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\setcounter{enumi}{8}[br]\item[br]\begin{enumerate}[br]\item k = 0.279 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item 55 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[4]}} \\[br]\item p = \dfrac{-1}{4} \hfill \textbf{\underline{[3]}} \\[br]\item q = 3 \hfill \textbf{\underline{[5]}} \\[br]

Link to C1 mark scheme: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2685494
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don't know how you got this up so quick. Not to mention remembering the exam details!

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by RubricReader
I don't know how you got this up so quick. Not to mention remembering the exam details!

Thanks

Used my graphical calculator to store my answers; I don't know if they're all right though!
Original post by Doomlar
Used my graphical calculator to store my answers; I don't know if they're all right though!

I've gone through what I can remember and don't see anything that's wrong. However, I didn't store all my answers so I wouldn't be certain.
Reply 4
9d) I had q=2 I think.

8c) 123 -4x31 < 0 so I said k=30.

3c) balls! I could not factorise 54. 2x 3^3 isn't it!
aren't the international students going to see this and raise the grade boundaries?
looks good, hopefully an a :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by eekeek
9d) I had q=2 I think.

8c) 123 -4x31 < 0 so I said k=30.

3c) balls! I could not factorise 54. 2x 3^3 isn't it!

Ill have to check the log question again, but for 8c isnt i worked out the value of a + (n-1)d = 0 and when n=31 u>0 and when n=32 u<0
Reply 8
I got 57, better than I expected but still disappointing
Got q=3 for 9c.
K=30 now but in exam messed up and wrote exact value when Uk=0 (30.xxx).
Can confirm most others look like mine, I know for sure I had 3^x/2^19.
Original post by TurquoiseB
aren't the international students going to see this and raise the grade boundaries?

AQA is only in England and Wales, edexcel is the one we can't post about.
Reply 11
Why is the translation by 2 degrees? I thought it was 10?
Reply 12
Original post by TurquoiseB

There aren't any international students who sit this exam as far as i know; you're allowed to discuss AQA exams straight after exams
Wow, thank you so much!
international students don't do Aqa do they?
Reply 15
I thought 6c asked for the translation from y=sin5x to y=sin5(x+10) would that not be -10 0 I might have read the question wrong :s-smilie:
I reaaalllly don't remember these questions... I am worried that I missed out or misread some of the paper..
Can anyone write the working out for last question?
Reply 18
Where is the c1 marks scheme
Reply 19
Original post by kas123
Where is the c1 marks scheme

There is a link at the bottom of the first post :smile: