The Student Room Group

C2 Edexcel Unofficial Markscheme

Anyone know where to get the unofficial markscheme from?

Also so made this thread so everyone can discuss their answers for any questions they don't get..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kumis

Also so made this thread so everyone can discuss their answers for any questions they don't get..

Tbh I couldn't do the show y = 320÷x question

I got = 400÷x -
Reply 2
it was 9600 = [(1/2(6x+9x)4x] y

When you simplifly this and make y the subject you should get 320/x, I can work through it if you want to get the solution.
Reply 3
What did everyone get for the integration question for a and b

Also what did everyone get for the logs and trig questions

also what was your value for the trapezium rule
Thought it was a very generous paper, considering we had a fairly simple c1 paper. The one question I was unsure about was the coordinate geometry question. I did Pythagoras on OQ to get its length, but I didn't really understand how to derive the y-coordinate from anything which was given, so I said the y-coordinate was the value I found from Pythag, being 14... Damn, that will be 5 marks gone :/.
Original post by gyshmey nbofster
Thought it was a very generous paper, considering we had a fairly simple c1 paper. The one question I was unsure about was the coordinate geometry question. I did Pythagoras on OQ to get its length, but I didn't really understand how to derive the y-coordinate from anything which was given, so I said the y-coordinate was the value I found from Pythag, being 14... Damn, that will be 5 marks gone :/.

Well not 5 marks! There was just one more step. With the line OQ, the line the line x=k and the length 11 (length on x-axis that Q is from origin), you could use pythagoras to find the length of x=k ( root 14 squared minuts 11 squared). 3 marks lost max. Probably only 2. :smile:
What are the grade boundaries usually like for C2?.With one day's revision this was...meh.The girl next to me was kind of freaking out and everyone said it was hard so I don't know..
Original post by Kumis

Just wait for Arsey's mark scheme which will be up later. :h:
Reply 8
Original post by boumavilla
Just wait for Arsey's mark scheme which will be up later. :h:

what time
Original post by twisted
what time

I'm not too sure.
I heard at midnight but I would have thought that would only be for exams which we weren't allowed to talk about (but obviously this one we are).
Reply 10
Original post by boumavilla
I'm not too sure.
I heard at midnight but I would have thought that would only be for exams which we weren't allowed to talk about (but obviously this one we are).

Where can we look to see for this Arsey guy's mark scheme when he posts it up??
What were the final answers for the cosX=2/3 one? Between pi and minus pi?
Reply 12
-pi, -0.84,0,0.84
Original post by D4rr3n
Where can we look to see for this Arsey guy's mark scheme when he posts it up??

Basically the bit of the forum you're in now.
The 'maths exams' bit.
Any got the OCR markscheme?
Original post by Kumis
What did everyone get for the integration question for a and b

Also what did everyone get for the logs and trig questions

also what was your value for the trapezium rule

i got 2/3 and -1/9.... you?
For that area of sector question which consist of 8 marks I forgot to include the radins in b part.(2 marks) In c part I couldn't complete but wrote the method like plus the sector the triangle and sinC(5marks). For the trig graph I forgot to write the solutions but drew the graph and included cos=2/3. (5marks) For the log question I made a mistake in the equation which resulted my answer getting wrong.(5 marks)

How many marks will I lose!!!!!
Original post by hedja
-pi, -0.84,0,0.84

Would you still get marks for putting answer in degrees as although the limits were in pi, it didnt state to put answer in radians
Original post by John cena yesyes
For that area of sector question which consist of 8 marks I forgot to include the radins in b part.(2 marks) In c part I couldn't complete but wrote the method like plus the sector the triangle and sinC(5marks). For the trig graph I forgot to write the solutions but drew the graph and included cos=2/3. (5marks) For the log question I made a mistake in the equation which resulted my answer getting wrong.(5 marks)

How many marks will I lose!!!!!

All of them.
I messed up the trig question for values of x, for the 2nd part I worked it all out correctly but somehow I managed to write pi for -pi, got 0 and the + or - I got 1.23. Haha, that's like 3 marks gone. No too bothered as the rest was plain sailing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending