The Student Room Group

C2 Edexcel Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

For that area question I got 38.95 and rounded to 39.0, do you reckon I will still get full marks, I'm pretty sure I was too accurate because I didn't round until the end. Also, for the sum of infinity - sum of n < 0.5 i did trial and error as well as some bull****ty workings out ahah what do you reckon I'll get for that?
Original post by Holdaboss
For that area question I got 38.95 and rounded to 39.0, do you reckon I will still get full marks, I'm pretty sure I was too accurate because I didn't round until the end. Also, for the sum of infinity - sum of n < 0.5 i did trial and error as well as some bull****ty workings out ahah what do you reckon I'll get for that?

the area question it said round to 2 decimal places, and i think you were meant to use logs for the sum thing.
It was one of the easiest C2 papers I've done. That being said i found question 9 and 10 dodgy but not too troublesome. The most i've lost max is about hmm 13 marks maybe and that's not taking any working out into account. Overall I thought it was a nice paper. Didn't you guys think it was a decent paper?
Original post by bob wayne
It was one of the easiest C2 papers I've done. That being said i found question 9 and 10 dodgy but not too troublesome. The most i've lost max is about hmm 13 marks maybe and that's not taking any working out into account. Overall I thought it was a nice paper. Didn't you guys think it was a decent paper?

im sure i got all the marks except on the sinx=tanx question because i gave my answers to x in degrees and not radians, the last too were tricky especially 9
Reply 44
I thought it was a fairly good paper. Couldn't do the trig question at all though...not even the degrees bit :/
Original post by C7jnr
Will the 100 ums still be 75/75 or does anyone think it will drop a few

Also wondering same thing, in my maths set most people normally get full marks in C1 & C2, but today nearly everyone had made a silly mistake or two. So hopefully that means not enough people will get 75/75 and 100 UMS will drop down a few marks. In Jan 2010 only 68/75 was required for full UMS, but for all the papers since then it's been 75/75..
Original post by C7jnr
the area question it said round to 2 decimal places, and i think you were meant to use logs for the sum thing.

How many marks do you reckon that will drop me back?

and did anyone get 6/9 - 1/9 root 3 for that integration question, or something along those lines?
Original post by EconFan_73
Also wondering same thing, in my maths set most people normally get full marks in C1 & C2, but today nearly everyone had made a silly mistake or two. So hopefully that means not enough people will get 75/75 and 100 UMS will drop down a few marks. In Jan 2010 only 68/75 was required for full UMS, but for all the papers since then it's been 75/75..

I Hope it does drop, im trying to balance these as resits so i can afford to get b/c this yr in a2. so far it recon im on at least 190/200
How many marks do you reckon that will drop me back?

and did anyone get 6/9 - 1/9 root 3 for that integration question, or something along those lines?[/QUOT
depends, im not too familiar with what they give marks for and not, and yh that is correct for the intergration only i did 2/3 as a simplified version on 6/9

No such thing as too accurate. But you've gone wrong somewhere as the answer was 38.9
Very easy paper. However, some questions required the use of a brain, and I'm guessing that's why there's now this stupid petition. Some people just can't understand how to think laterally
Original post by crowliel
I thought it was a fairly good paper. Couldn't do the trig question at all though...not even the degrees bit :/

I know it's really pointless now, but you were meant to convert tan to sin/cos, and then factorise into sin x (2 - 3 cos x) and then do sin x = 0, 2 - 3cosx = 0 => cos x = 2/3 and continue from there.
Original post by 100umsgod
No such thing as too accurate. But you've gone wrong somewhere as the answer was 38.9

How annoying. Should only be one marked dropped anyway.

I have mixed feelings on this paper, I'm don't think the content was hard, but the wording of some questions and how they were set out were a lot more difficult and confusing than the past papers I've done. I'm pretty sure I got 71/75 on C1 so hopefully I get around 67 or 68 on this paper.
This exam was tough guys come on. An A must be 52 atleast
Reply 54
Original post by BobFredric
I know it's really pointless now, but you were meant to convert tan to sin/cos, and then factorise into sin x (2 - 3 cos x) and then do sin x = 0, 2 - 3cosx = 0 => cos x = 2/3 and continue from there.

Ahh thank you, I'll know for my retake next year :wink:
When does the arseys markscheme come out??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crowliel
Ahh thank you, I'll know for my retake next year :wink:

2tanx=3sinx same as 2sinx/cosx=3sinx then 2sinx/3sinx=cosx , the sinx cancels outs so cosx=2/3
Was a very standard paper, questions varied slightly from normal, but the knowledge required was simple, will be extremely disappointed with anything less than 98UMS
Original post by Miladrises
This exam was tough guys come on. An A must be 52 atleast

Nah, you must be high or something, in the least offensive way possible. It's going to be around 60-62 for an A i think
Reply 59
tonight probably

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending