The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Biology Unit 2 6BI02 - 2nd June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by exotic tramp
for the mitosis fill in blanks... do u think that dissolve/break down would be acceptable for the hydrochloric acid section?

I put break down as well
I put ethanoic acid to soften tissue.. Is that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btw, I wrote in bullet point fashion for the asterisk questions, I'm gonna lose marks right? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by firaskhan
Btw, I wrote in bullet point fashion for the asterisk questions, I'm gonna lose marks right? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only mark is for QWC and if you didnt actually write bullet points then you might still get that QWC mark.
I put ethanoic acid to soften tissue.. Is that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No that's right!
Original post by meowool
Only mark is for QWC and if you didnt actually write bullet points then you might still get that QWC mark.

Repeat that please I don't get it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've been told in school that it's best to write in bullet points and also if you look at examiner reports they love bullet points because it's gets the points across more effectively so nothing to worry about! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Repeat that please I don't get it?

QWC = Quality of written communication.
You can write the points down separately like you can in an 'non-asterisk' question but if you don't physically write the little dot that is a bullet point. like...

blah
blahblah
blahblahblah

instead of
#blah
#blahblah
#blahblahblah

Then you could still get the mark.
Original post by tealover96
We've been told in school that it's best to write in bullet points and also if you look at examiner reports they love bullet points because it's gets the points across more effectively so nothing to worry about! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not for the asterisk questions, as there's one mark for your written English with those.
Original post by meowool
Not for the asterisk questions, as there's one mark for your written English with those.

If you want check out this examiner report

Just control F: bullet
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20GCE%20Curriculum%202000/January%202012%20-%20ER/6BI02_01_pef_20120307.pdf

It clearly says that you can still get full marks in QWC q's when writing in bullet points
Yes it is may be more difficult to get the full marks when writing in bullet points but doesn't mean you can't
what do you guys think would be an A for both unit 1 and unit 2
probably around 60. possibly lower for unit 1, as it was the harder paper.
Reply 653
Hi
Can someone post the unit 1 june 2014 exam pls
Thx
Reply 654
Is anyone doing the exam this year? Sorry to revive my old thread but I don't want to make a new one :smile:
Original post by Oiseaux
Is anyone doing the exam this year? Sorry to revive my old thread but I don't want to make a new one :smile:

I am!! Do you know if someone has made any other thread for this year yet??
Reply 656
Original post by sllinares
I am!! Do you know if someone has made any other thread for this year yet??

Nope, I couldn't find one. How prepared do you feel for the exam?
Original post by Oiseaux
Nope, I couldn't find one. How prepared do you feel for the exam?

I'm actually feeling quite confident towards it, however a bit worried for if they put something weird that stops me from getting an A also kind of practicing loads of graph style qs because I always loose silly marks there.. How are you feeling?:smile:
Reply 658
Original post by sllinares
I'm actually feeling quite confident towards it, however a bit worried for if they put something weird that stops me from getting an A also kind of practicing loads of graph style qs because I always loose silly marks there.. How are you feeling?:smile:
Graph questions are the worst! To be honest I haven't been focusing on this exam much because I have 2 A2 exams a few days after it. But I'm not feeling too badly tbh :smile:. Just need to learn the core practicals by heart.
Original post by Oiseaux
Graph questions are the worst! To be honest I haven't been focusing on this exam much because I have 2 A2 exams a few days after it. But I'm not feeling too badly tbh :smile:. Just need to learn the core practicals by heart.

Good luck with your A2 exams!! Do you know any useful site for revision notes of this topic?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending