The Student Room Group

OCR-B F332 Advance notice help ?

I'm in y13 and I've got the F332 resit coming up however my school swapped exams boards for obvious reasons to AQA so all the y12 do AQA, but with the advance notice, when we did some class prep the teachers made up some possible and related questions they could ask us, but because y12 in my school dont do OCR anymore I was wondering if anybody else's school did the same as we did before and would mind sharing some tips/helps for the advance notice ?

Thanks
Original post by T-GiuR
I'm in y13 and I've got the F332 resit coming up however my school swapped exams boards for obvious reasons to AQA so all the y12 do AQA, but with the advance notice, when we did some class prep the teachers made up some possible and related questions they could ask us, but because y12 in my school dont do OCR anymore I was wondering if anybody else's school did the same as we did before and would mind sharing some tips/helps for the advance notice ?

Thanks

If I were you I would make annotations on the advanced notice that I got and start predicting what questions might come up. It's the wine article right? Make annotations, try and work out what the molecular formulas are for the compounds that they've mentioned in the article because they could ask you what it might be, or they could ask what experimental technique would you do to make Oct-1-en-3-one (a ketone) from Oct-1-en-3-ol (a secondary alcohol) - notice what kind of compounds they are and what functional groups they have. It's all about looking and analysing it and annotation as much as possible - I think most of the article is more geared towards the PR topic so that should give you a starting line on what to expect.

I hope this helps :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by minibuttons
If I were you I would make annotations on the advanced notice that I got and start predicting what questions might come up. It's the wine article right? Make annotations, try and work out what the molecular formulas are for the compounds that they've mentioned in the article because they could ask you what it might be, or they could ask what experimental technique would you do to make Oct-1-en-3-one (a ketone) from Oct-1-en-3-ol (a secondary alcohol) - notice what kind of compounds they are and what functional groups they have. It's all about looking and analysing it and annotation as much as possible - I think most of the article is more geared towards the PR topic so that should give you a starting line on what to expect.

I hope this helps :smile:

Thanks, could you take a picture of yours if possible ?
Original post by T-GiuR
Thanks, could you take a picture of yours if possible ?

I don't think I will be able to because I have written everything in pencil so it will not show up very clearly on the picture. But really try and annotate as much as you xan because that advanced notice is basically stuff to do with Polymer Revolution.
Reply 4
hey guys, theres an f332 thread with some really good resources and its got the june 2013 paper. could someone help me with my question on there please?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=47771154&highlight=f332

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending