The Student Room Group

I really need help and advice please

Hey all,

Like most A level students, for the past few weeks i have been sitting my exams (Maths and Economics). The thing is, i know i have failed my maths due to lack of effort on my part. I am now stuck on deciding what to do.

I'm studying in 6th form but due to new regulations by the government, i heave heard that i can re-do year 12 again but they wouldn't fund the school, therefore the school would likely not take me again. I am really wanting to go to university in the up coming years but with the grades and UCAS points i am receiving, i wont be able to get into the ones i would like.

I was just wondering if i could leave 6th form and go study at college instead. Would they accept me? From this experience though i have learn't that if i do get a chance to re-do it then, I'm going to work a lot harder.

What does everyone think? would college accept me and allow me to do my year 12 again?

Thanks all

p.s sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, im new to TSR
Reply 1
I am sure most colleges get free funding as long as your 19 or under.
Reply 2
This is not a big problem. You can get into college but through foundation level. That is similar to ALevel.You can do that.
Otherwise if your school is not taking you, apply privately through british council and complete ALevel.
College won't directly accept you into first year. They will put you in foundation of your degree course if you have their predicted IGCSE grades.
If you find ALevel hard go with that, or you can do ALevel privately through british council.

Quick Reply

Latest