The Student Room Group

What do you think of my tonsils

I've had tonsillitis quite a lot in the last few years. After showing a few friends my tonsils they thought they looked really bad and should be taken out.

I think it's only scar tissue and is normal for people that get it often. Thoughts?

Warning: The picture is pretty gross.

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag294/m8r-yxlh83/tonsils_zpsaad9bbaf.jpg
I've also suffered really badly with tonsillitis, I would get an average of 6 per year since I was 8. In December, twice I had tonsillitis (different ones too, my doctor confirmed the first had cleared before the second started). I'd always had a lot of scar tissue but after the last two, my tonsils actually look quite misshapen and it was agreed they'd come out as it was getting in the way of my life now, so out they come on the 12th of June.

I think if you get it regularly and it's getting in the way, you should look into having them out.
They've very large and quite pitted. Do you ever get tonsil stones? Mine were like that before I had them removed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
They're big, but pretty normal...
Reply 4
Eeew it's like a vagina please have it removed :0
When ive had bad tonsilitis i get white pussy spots all over mine, they dont look to bad in comparison.
Reply 6
6/10 - would bang
Original post by Apocrypha
When ive had bad tonsilitis i get white pussy spots all over mine, they dont look to bad in comparison.

I agree that they don't look infected in that picture, but they are very large for an adult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
They look like tonsils
Reply 9
Wow my tonsils are microscopic compared to yours :eek: I've had tonsillitis countless time too but mine always seem to shrink back to look like basically just a flap of skin at both side of my throat.

If they aren't causing you any bother or you don't get tonsillitis any more then I would just leave them but if tonsillitis remains a problem then yeah get them taken out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Apocrypha

Original post by myblueheaven339
I agree that they don't look infected in that picture, but they are very large for an adult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're not infected in this photo at all. I get white spots on them too when they are
Yeah I had "tonsil crypts" and when I went to the doctor and said that I was really struggling to remove the stuff getting stuck in them and it was making my breath bad they didn't hesitate to remove them, this was about last year and I'm in my teens so it was a bit late - I was told by my parents they refused to remove them when I was younger, very glad I got them out now though, I even feel like I can breathe better as mine were very large and I could close the back of my throat off with them if I wanted

I'd say you need them out because it looks like stuff could get stuck in them

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Why don't you ask your doctor to remove them? I was lucky and had mine removed the first time I had tonsillitis as a child.

Quick Reply

Latest